Why diesel?

pacific4130

Hi,

I was just thinking about some common husky names. I know many names are common because they are russian/siberian/alaskan names, etc... but why is diesel so popular?

Is it associated with huskies because of a movie or something?

Thanks - just curious!

My D is Diesel because we took a wrong turn when we were going to get him and it cost an absolute FORTUNE in Diesel...Just a reminder to not go that way again lol

Also i'd never seen a dog named Diesel or even heard of 1 when i got him so i was like 'oh yh thats a different name' oops

No idea.

Our Daughtry was originally Koda.

However within 3 months there were half a dozen Koda's and Kodah's on the forum

So we changed her to Daughtry (after the rock singer).

Hi,

I was just thinking about some common husky names. I know many names are common because they are russian/siberian/alaskan names, etc... but why is diesel so popular?

Is it associated with huskies because of a movie or something?

Thanks - just curious!

Its the same with Storm lol

Thanks for the replies....

Maybe I'm losing my mind then... I'm convinced that I've seen lots of huskies called Diesel on the internet (I don't know many husky owners in real life:().

As I'm a bit of a geek and out of touch with popular culture I wondered if there had been a film with a dog called Diesel. One of my neighbours kids kept calling my pup a 'snow dog'. I though he was exceptionally astute for a 5 year old, concluding that his thick coat made him well adapted to cold climates.... until I found out disney made a film called 'Snow Dogs'!

Have you considered that Diesel and Storm sound like names that could cause a ruckus? That would be my thought. I had a girl named Storm. We named her after the X-Men because she had a blue eye that looked like trouble and could cause a tornado...we were right!!!

Have you considered that Diesel and Storm sound like names that could cause a ruckus? That would be my thought. I had a girl named Storm. We named her after the X-Men because she had a blue eye that looked like trouble and could cause a tornado...we were right!!!

I'm just curious as to the popularity. I get Storm - it's a similar choice to say, Chinook. I'm just curious why Diesel as it's very popular but doesn't follow the same pattern as many other popular names - i.e. Siberian/Alaskan names/places or nature choices like Storm, Chinook, Blizzard, etc. That's what lead me to ponder where Diesel came from...

Just found this:

http://www.jack-russell-terrier.co.uk/fun/most_popular_dog_names.html

It says Diesel is a #1 choice for brand related dog names... Ok, at the risk of sounding daft, what brand is Diesel? I've never heard of that before... All I knew it was a German name and a type of fuel!

Just found this:

http://www.jack-russell-terrier.co.uk/fun/most_popular_dog_names.html

It says Diesel is a #1 choice for brand related dog names... Ok, at the risk of sounding daft, what brand is Diesel? I've never heard of that before... All I knew it was a German name and a type of fuel!

its also a perfume/ aftershave too