Diesels first town walk...

MollynDiesel

Took Diesel to pets at home today by our new house to spoil D a bit. Then took him into town because mum wanted to get something. Was a bit nervous as D hasn't been to town before and thought he might freak out a bit with the sights and sounds etc...

HOW WRONG I WAS!

He waited at all the traffic lights like i asked, waited to cross the road and walked right next to me perfectly.

A few mins after getting into town a man on a bike stopped to talk to us, he has a Collie X husky and kept saying how gorgeous D was and that D has such ice blue eyes. D even let this man touch his head! (D is headshy) which i think is because the man was talking to us before he stroked D so he got used to the man first. After half an hour talking about where he walks (since im new to this area it was very helpful) we continued walking. We got to the shop and i waited outside. Got D to sit nicely so we could wait for mum to get back. A few seconds later a lady walked over to talk to me about Diesel and again said how gorgeous he was and talked about her dog a bit. (lab x mastiff!)

Then after 10mins another woman came over to talk about D and they both gave him loads of fuss. after another 20mins mum came back but we had to wait another 10mins before leaving because D was still getting loads of attention and it was good to see him get used to strangers.

We then went home with Diesel walking perfectly next to me, waiting to cross all the roads etc. Then had to get him an ice cream as a treat because i'm SOOOOOOO proud of him! :yahoo:

Definitely have to walk through town alot more but may have to leave a few hours earlier to make sure we get home in time lol

Huskies love people.

People love Huskies.

Town is full of people.

Diesel MUST meet and greet each and every one :)