spelling is important

mydiamond

I stumbled on that one before. Actually, spelling is not very important. Example below.

Ddi ouy nkwo htta pslelnig seod otn kmae yna fidfnercee. Uoy nca impsly tpu tlerets wdon in nya roerd, nda ynbaody nac dera hmet repcfelty.

See, not a problem.

I think it's important to know when you've miss spelled a word. If you choose to deliberately misspell for the purposes of humour or you can't be arsed with correcting predictive text fair enough. But my partner tutors at HND level and is appalled by how bad spelling, grammar and punctuation have become.

Twiddling about on forums, ok so the above three are not important. But there are many situations where all three are and that we excuse laziness for not learning the correct way by saying its not important is sad.

Language is amazing, both written and spoken. It's how we express ourselves. How we hand information down from generation to generation, we should revel in the complexities. Not dismiss our inaccuracies because we can't be bothered to do better.

But hey what do I know lol

Edited by Povodny

I stumbled on that one before. Actually, spelling is not very important. Example below.

Ddi ouy nkwo htta pslelnig seod otn kmae yna fidfnercee. Uoy nca impsly tpu tlerets wdon in nya roerd, nda ynbaody nac dera hmet repcfelty.

See, not a problem.

That was painful to read! :P I think you forgot to keep the first and last letters the same ;) For eaxlmpe, tpniyg lkie tihs wrhee the fsrit and lsat ltertes are in the smae pclae tehy suhold be :D

See, not a problem.

actually, I stopped at "tlerets" for 30 secs trying to figure out what is it trying to say LOL