another one. =]

PixWorx

hey guys finaly decided me and my partner are going to get nova a anouther huskie to keep her company =] soo weve been looking at a few places liek the dogs trust where we got nova from .. has anyone know of other places that are worth looking at? or know of anyone having to get rid of a huskie

pref older .. and good with other dogs and a kid in the house =]

any help would be much appreciated .

hey guys finaly decided me and my partner are going to get nova a anouther huskie to keep her company =]

Sounds simple in theory, but doesn't always work that easy....

Make sure that they get along....Just because it will be another Husky, doesn't mean instant playmates....I have learned this from my own experience.....

What is reason for another Husky besides a playmate? just curious....no right or wrong answer..

Also so you posted this not to long ago...did you get it worked out? If not then I would reconcider your choice....

http://www.husky-owners.com/forum/showthread.php/42581-I-think-i-will-ahve-to-give-up-nova-(-Extreme-bad-times?p=665508#post665508

Edited by ICE & SHADOW

There is an absolute flood of Huskies and Malamutes at most of the rescue organisations at the moment.

apparently due to the current glut of Vampire / werewolf movies and TV shows the demand for Huskies and Malamutes has gone through the roof.

However most of these people do zero research into the breed and end up getting rid of them a few months later when they discover how difficult a breed they can be.

Huskies in Need have a load waiting for homes.

Type Husky rehome charities into google and see what comes back.

Check local animal shelters near you most have Huskies.

We do get the occasional member here needing a rehome and they are always free to good home here.

Sounds simple in theory, but doesn't always work that easy....

Make sure that they get along....Just because it will be another Husky, doesn't mean instant playmates....I have learned this from my own experience.....

What is reason for another Husky besides a playmate? just curious....no right or wrong answer..

Also so you posted this not to long ago...did you get it worked out? If not then I would reconcider your choice....

http://www.husky-owners.com/forum/showthread.php/42581-I-think-i-will-ahve-to-give-up-nova-(-Extreme-bad-times?p=665508#post665508

yeah we got all that sorted now me and my partner we have goten a house now and my partner is at home alot more. plus my mom has lernt not to be scared of nova .. funny when you really work at somthing it pays off =]

and i undertsand that it doesnt have to be anouther huskie we just prefer to have another husky if we have to put up with the fur with one why not have 2 haha

but on a serious note we have looked at local dogs home and being in birmingham most of them here are full of Staffies etc ..

ill look at some of the huskey rescues about see what can go on ..

i undertsand that it doesnt have to be anouther huskie we just prefer to have another husky if we have to put up with the fur with one why not have 2 haha

I agree that 2 Huskies are better than 1...:up:

But what I was asking, are y'all wanting to get another one only because you want your dog to have a playmate? If thats the sole reason then I would wait until the two of you are ready for another one.

Not bashing, but me and my wife already had this issue. I wanted another Husky, she didn't, so I did the normal guy thing, went got one from the shelter......he didn't get along with Ice at all, and we clearly weren't ready to handle two. We fostered him until we found someone who didn't have any pets or children.

We gave it a few months, and rescued Shadow once we knew it would work with our life style.

good luck on the search and hope all works out, also, thanks for concidering rescuing!

we do want anouther one was just looking for a sensable reason to have another one =] we deliberated quite hard on it for a few months and decided to get a 2nd =]

FYI we spoken to a lady last night extrmely local to us that we are going to meet to check out her huskey called Shadow =]

we finaly got the 2nd husky =] and she is great =] gets on perfect with nova and my son and my mrs also trained. lady who gave her us had cronic athritus and couldnt walk her any more so all say hi to our new 20months old husky named sky . TBH i think she is half german sheppard.

post-7607-13586064261779_thumb.jpg

post-7607-13586064258718_thumb.jpg

we finaly got the 2nd husky =] and she is great =] gets on perfect with nova and my son and my mrs also trained. lady who gave her us had cronic athritus and couldnt walk her any more so all say hi to our new 20months old husky named sky . TBH i think she is half german sheppard.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]55177[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]55178[/ATTACH]

having a gsd mix id say possibly yes. she has the ears and the ginger tinges.

Did the owner mention if she was a mix? The way she is shedding right now looks very husky to me. She's adorable and I'm glad it's a good fit. We got our first a playmate when we realized he had horrible separation anxiety, and it helped, but why did we get a third? Well, it's a disease..."multiple husky syndrome":confused: