What breed mix can you see in Togo??

Roper1982

Well, ever since we got Togo when he was 8 weeks old, we have been curious at what mix of breed he could be, Ive poste stories on here before about how we got hi when searching for a male husky, as someone was going to give him to a shelter as they wanted a husky but didnt like how he looked, so my OH (well, ex gf now) brought him home and said we would keep him as she loved him...

He is now 13 months old ad stands at around 23.5" and weighs around 30KGs.. Its doesnt bother me what breed he is, as they are both my babies, (It has been hard sice me and OH split, but we have adjusted to life, just being the 3 of us now this is why i havnt really been on these forums much for 2 months or so now, as it has been an adjustment and not had much time for the internet with working alot and speding all my free time with my 2 dogs, no social life, but im happy and so are they which is most important thing) But its always a curious subject and am curious what other people think, as I have seen one or two other dogs on these forums that look similar in colourings etc and stature to Togo, so its always been a curiosity of mine.

Anyways, here are some pictures, from when he was younger to newer ones, he doesnt stand still very long, so hard to get good picture haha

BTW, Togo isnt the White one, that is Maya

[ATTACH]54782[/ATTACH]

post-6035-1358606353056_thumb.jpg

post-6035-13586063531312_thumb.jpg

post-6035-13586063536235_thumb.jpg

post-6035-13586063539073_thumb.jpg

post-6035-13586063548_thumb.jpg

post-6035-13586063529545_thumb.jpg

Heh, I went straight for the black furball as I have a white one at home myself.

The tail and colour he has mainly from German shep I'd say. The face, which to be honest I just couldn't figure where I've seen it (mom's cousin has an akita, silly me and I spent some time with the dog too) but the posture of a husky.

They're both beauts.

Togo still looks like a dead ringer for Bear. She's 12 months and 33kg now! Looking at her now she's a bit older, I'm pretty sure she's got malamute in her, as well as a sprinkling of gsd. The one think i'm now wondering is whether she's got any husky in her after all, lol. I doubt you'll ever get a definite answer to this question, all I can say for sure is that people on the street will come up with all sorts of possiblilities, I too have heard Elkhound, Akita, GSD, Inuit, Huskamute. At the end of the day, Togo and Bear are both growing into gorgeous dogs and like you said yourself, It really doesn't matter what they are. I love Bear no matter what and to be honest I've given up trying to work her out, she doesn't fit into any exact mould and I got fed up going round in circles trying to find others like her (who knew exactly what was what). Sorry to hear you've had a rough few months. Hope things are going a bit better for you now, take care and give Maya and Togo a huge hug from us all, it's lovely to see you on here again! xxx

post-6386-13586063598585_thumb.jpg

post-6386-1358606359784_thumb.jpg

post-6386-13586063598224_thumb.jpg

Togo still looks like a dead ringer for Bear. She's 12 months and 33kg now! Looking at her now she's a bit older, I'm pretty sure she's got malamute in her, as well as a sprinkling of gsd. The one think i'm now wondering is whether she's got any husky in her after all, lol. I doubt you'll ever get a definite answer to this question, all I can say for sure is that people on the street will come up with all sorts of possiblilities, I too have heard Elkhound, Akita, GSD, Inuit, Huskamute. At the end of the day, Togo and Bear are both growing into gorgeous dogs and like you said yourself, It really doesn't matter what they are. I love Bear no matter what and to be honest I've given up trying to work her out, she doesn't fit into any exact mould and I got fed up going round in circles trying to find others like her (who knew exactly what was what). Sorry to hear you've had a rough few months. Hope things are going a bit better for you now, take care and give Maya and Togo a huge hug from us all, it's lovely to see you on here again! xxx

[ATTACH=CONFIG]54801[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]54802[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]54803[/ATTACH]

Bear looks gorgeous... And when i was typing the post, and i mentionned others on the forum, i was going to type the name BEar, but ive been away for a bit and i wasnt 100% haha... But when i first saw Bear i noticed the similarities, and I know i will probbaly never get an answer, i just thought i would see what other people thought because to be honet, im rubbish with breeds lol (im the same with cars hahaha).. And things are getting onn track now kind of, its just been an ajustment, but i been having fun catching up on all the topics etc ive missed since ive been away

I'm with Andy - Husky X German Shepherd. I can see why people suggest Elkhound, but I think that is just the result of the Husky GSD mix. Can't see any Akita in there at all!

Mick

I think his head is way too round in the face and his snout to boxy to be straight husky/german shepherd. Our neighbours have an akita/german shepherd that looks quite a bit like Togo, though with that dog you can really see the akita. I suspect that Togo is a mix of at least 3 different breeds, and the third could very well be anything!

He didnt come from Cumbria, So i wouldnt be able to tell you if there are any elkhound where he came from, I have never seen an Elk Hound in this area where I am from though so I dont really know anythng about ElkHounds

He didnt come from Cumbria, So i wouldnt be able to tell you if there are any elkhound where he came from, I have never seen an Elk Hound in this area where I am from though so I dont really know anythng about ElkHounds

I do see a tiny bit of Elkhound in there tho. [MENTION=5257]frankmayfield[/MENTION] what do you think? You're the only elkhound owner I know :D

Colouring is slightly similar, more so in the pattern rather than colour.. I been trying to take some pics of him but he either doesnt stand stil or when he does, Maya will jump up and try grab his neck to play lol... I managed another 2, but in every pic he looks different haha, Loki is a stunning dog btw :D

post-6035-13586063698758_thumb.jpg

post-6035-13586063693571_thumb.jpg