More Dogs ...

Paranormal Wolf

So I've posted about this once or twice but for those who don't know there's a family that lives on my road who always get dogs, usually guard type or tough looking dogs, and these dogs are around maybe a few weeks or a few months if lucky and then the just vanish never to be seen again. I live out in the country and sadly nothing ever gets done in situations like these. Animal control and the shelters are useless and don't do anything even if you call and complain. This is also true for the close city to me. You have to actually witness the dogs being beaten before something gets done and even then its unlikely ...

Anyways guess what has been chained in their yard the past few weeks ...

2 boxers that are left chained outside to dog houses all the time. They recently moved the dogs and their dog houses down closer to the road at the edge of their yard. Every time I see new dogs there I can't help but wonder how long it will be until they too vanish without a trace. I have no clue what happens to these unfortunate pooches. The dogs are fed and watered at least, they are never skinny and are in good condition from what I can see. But they get little to no interaction and are always left chained up.

I've been tempted to knock on their door and just strike up a conversation but I've lived on my road all my life and I know how people react to things like that, especially for that area on our road. I'd most likely get cursed at and threatened to be shot for trespassing ...

not a nice situation, but your safety has to come first. Sad but not worth any risk to yourself.

Yeah I get upset every time we drive past there, which is at least twice a day/night. A few years ago we had some car issues and had to stop in their area, just one house down from these people. We had to get out of the car and what not and a lot of dogs were barking at us. The owner of the house came out and started fussing at us and telling us we needed to get going and what not, and I'm being polite in the description of this. It was not a fun situation at all, a lot of old cranky roughnecks and other not so nice people live in that area :S

it is possible that they are simply a broker for a bad or commercial breeder. There is a lot of bad breeding situations in the south.

I've never seen puppies there so I don't think this is what's going on but can't rule it out either. I really have no clue what happens to these dogs. I've seen mastiff mix types there, German shepherds, pit bulls and now boxers. They use to have a few little breeds that just ran loose but have not seen them in years. Now its just the bigger dogs.

Edited by Paranormal Wolf