College Student Texts: I need to stop texting before driving off cliff

Removed #1

In the UK its been against the law for years now to use your phone at all in your car but some still do :( you would think they would learn some not all know that my brother in law killed a motor biker while using his mobile and got 4 years for it I think he should of got life :@

if the fine was higher i'm sure more people would think twice. mind you i did read somewhere that if you get that ( i think its an sp 30) on your licence it is more difficult to find people to insure you. But having said that i stopped for a coffee while on the way to work the other morning and i think that you are probably more in control talking on the phone than drinking out of a cup especially when you've nearly finished (or are american and drink out of a bucket! lol:P)

There are too many idiots on the road eating / drinking / on the phone etc. I keep my full focus on the road and the other potential nutcases around me. :@

i have to admit to sometimes trying to text while sat at red lights. fookers generally go green before i've finished lol. A lot of people just pull over to answer the phone but you can theortically still get done when using the phone while the vehicle is running

if the fine was higher i'm sure more people would think twice. mind you i did read somewhere that if you get that ( i think its an sp 30) on your licence it is more difficult to find people to insure you. But having said that i stopped for a coffee while on the way to work the other morning and i think that you are probably more in control talking on the phone than drinking out of a cup especially when you've nearly finished (or are american and drink out of a bucket! lol:P)

I would not make the fine higher I would ban them for 12 months 3 years for second time if there are nutters out there that still did it after that just remove them with a ban for life.

I miss the days of my childhood sometimes...where it was near impossible to get ahold of someone if they weren't home. Sure the added world connectivity does make it easier to get in touch with family/friends/schools if someone is sick or injured...but the pay out for that seems to be a world where everyone thinks that they have to be heard NOW.

I worry about the nut behind the wheel of the car I'm driving. Besides, I hate to text, so I don't text. In my car, I have bluetooth connection to my sound system, so calls are hands-free.