Walking issue

GHOST R1D3R

Just a little problem

When i am walking little devil she pulls like mad a lot of the time and she seems to struggle to breath at times. She is also very strong and at times nearly pulls me over which is a hard thing to do as im not the lightest.

using a training lead and collar

advice please

keep at it.... use treats and positive reinforcements

it can be done but will take time and patience

if she pulls ahead then stop, put her in the sit position and turn the other way.... and again if she pulls stop and turn the other way

the first few times you wont get very far but after a while you will be able to walk her nicely without much pulling......

seeing cats/litter/squirrels may make this more difficult but trust me it can be done..

i walk 2 huskies and a gsd in one hand!!!!!!

harnesses will help BUT you will still need to sort the underlying problem of the pulling.....

there are no quick fixes....

she will simply learn to pull with the harness....

you have to go back to square one and start again with lead training

I can get you a WYDWL harness at a discount. They lead from the front as opposed to the back stopping that lunging effect that dogs do (Opposition Reflex).

The harness will help aid you in training your dog to walk to heel. I can get them as cheap as £18 and they are Money Back Guaranteed. The only thing that really exempts the guarantee is chewing.

Stacey xxx

You could also use a control harness that you can get from Pets At Home, has 4 attatchemnt points for different uses e.g. morte control, control of direction etc and also doubles as a car harness, its what i use for my Kai and it helps a lot, echoing what everyone else has said, it wont be a quick fix but persistent positive reinforcement and you should improve :) x