proud of myself, I think x)

mydiamond

I had enough with the number of irresponsible husky owners I met and decided to write my very first article about this lovely breed in a large (when I say "large" I mean it!) online Indonesian forum that is part pets-for-sale website. I wrote a super long article that covers everything from shedding to digestive issues and added that no matter what breed they're planning to get they HAVE to do research beforehand >_< then, I hit "create thread". And I ran away .____.

some of you knows that I have this weird phobia that makes me so terrified of voicing opinions to people I don't know well... Right? And as I mentioned in my old thread, the anxiety includes online communication as well. I was so terrified of returning to the forum but I forced myself and when I came back.....

My article is pinned at the site's home page with this large nice banner and a glowing "NEW!!" text underneath it :jawdrop: I clicked it and even if there're no comments I found that my article has been shared on Facebook 5 times, tweeted (I think that's the word) on Twitter 3 times, and received 3 likes from Facebook :eek: oh gosh!! I did something for my favorite breed! EEEEK!!! I don't know how to react other than trembling in either nervousness or excitement LOL! It's also another step towards overcoming my stupid phobia :D YAY ME!

EDIT: and I posted a link to this site when I'm trying to show how destructive they can be if left alone without anything to do. Be prepared for new members coming from Indo ;)

Edited by mydiamond

I can't link it here because the "forum" is part pets-for-sale website and any links directing to animals with fees are restricted in H-O :) besides, the article is Indonesian :P

but thanks for your kind words :wub:

I was chuckling when people started asking for links since I assumed it would not be in English :)

Excellent that you took the effort to do two things at once. Obviously the first was to write it even in the face of the fear of rejection. That takes a lot if intestinal fortitude ( er, guts! ) and says a lot about the "backbone" you have - on that point, again, excellent!!!

That you wrote about something that your adamant about, Husky's, makes it easier - writing about something you know well and love will come through in the article ( and apparently has! ) If you an figure out how, give yourself a great big hug for that!!

Now, your challenge for the day - this is called English practice - how about giving us a translation?? :)

I was chuckling when people started asking for links since I assumed it would not be in English :)

Excellent that you took the effort to do two things at once. Obviously the first was to write it even in the face of the fear of rejection. That takes a lot if intestinal fortitude ( er, guts! ) and says a lot about the "backbone" you have - on that point, again, excellent!!!

That you wrote about something that your adamant about, Husky's, makes it easier - writing about something you know well and love will come through in the article ( and apparently has! ) If you an figure out how, give yourself a great big hug for that!!

Now, your challenge for the day - this is called English practice - how about giving us a translation?? :)

aaaaaawwwww do I have to translate it all it's very long LOL plus, they are basic things that every husky owner should already know about :P

"they can't be let off-lead" "they don't eat as many as most dogs" "they are stubborn and hard to train" "they require tons of exercise" "they SHED!!!" :P

aaaaaawwwww do I have to translate it all it's very long LOL plus, they are basic things that every husky owner should already know about :P

"they can't be let off-lead" "they don't eat as many as most dogs" "they are stubborn and hard to train" "they require tons of exercise" "they SHED!!!" :P

Of course you don't have to, love - I've seen your English improve remarkably in the year that I've been here. You've gone from formal to a very laid back colloquial ( and colloquial English is a REAL bear ) but you sometimes slip - your use of many where it should have been much in your last sentence, as an example. Since the article you wrote should be more formal, a translation for us should be good practice for you. But of course you don't have to .... :)