Tips for keeping a husky quiet and settled!

pacific4130

Hi,

I'm going back into full time education soon (career change into medicine) and that means many hours with my head in books! I was hoping to share some tips and tricks on keeping a husky quiet and occupied.

Of course I'll still carry on with plenty of exercise and attention, but there will be times when I'll need to concentrate for a few hours at a time... My husky is usually pretty good at having quiet times but in true husky style he tends to want to play just at the wrong time!

My list so far is... Stuffed kong toys, bones, pig's ears.

I was thinking of building a garden dig pit / sand box thingy to wear him out... Might be counterproductive though - i.e. more clean up time needed than knackered dog time!

Would you be able to find someone that could come walk him/play with him for a while? What about "puzzle" toys?

We have to do quiet and settled too and it is often more work for me than anything. But our husky is a puppy which is a whole other challenge. Good luck!

:chillpill: My boy likes quiet time next to me. If I get a big cushion and sit on the floor he sacks out right next to me. If he isn't sleepy he will lay there and stare adoringly at my for hours. It's actually a little creepy!:P

Mine's usually very quiet like above. I just put her with some toys on a little bean bag that she owns and she lays on it and plays with her toys. I just put her leash on and tie her to me so she doesn't try to wander off. Stays real quiet :D

With one, I'd go with what you originally said - a bone...hours of fun. Just be prepared for the 'my jaws are tired, so where can I bury this until later?' look: usually in the sofa!

The above doesn't work well in my household now, given that there are 3 of them.

Best of luck in finding a solution. ;)