Blueberries

strackfam

This post seems to sum it up well. From what i read there and skimmed a couple of other places, berries ( without pits, which would be a fruit ) are perfectly fine - good nutritious snacks. Any of the peach family are a no-no, ditto grapes. My dogs scarfed up the low growing blueberries when I lived up in NY state, I'd go after the bigger high bush while they'd work their way across the low bush. If memory serves, just be warned, the end result is oddly coloured and very odd smelling!

post-6713-13586063712507_thumb.jpg Just as Al stated, our three use to eat the lower blueberries while we picked the upper and they had done this for years and never seem to bother them. Blueberries are better for your K9 than most of the processed treats you will find in the grocery stores. There are many good dog kibble on the market where you will see the blueberry is one of the ingredients. The wild blueberries that grow in the woods are a very low growing bush, many of the woodland animals including the wolf will eat the blueberries. They even eat other wild berries. Here is a picture of our garden grown blueberries.