Distraught...

HuskyMom09

Though my new puppy girls have been the greatest distraction in my life....I suddenly realize my life as I knew it is most likely effectively over. I have a pending meeting with my former bosses to beg one last effort to get my job back, but everyone is telling me it doesn't look at all good for me. Closing in on 30, here I go having to start completely over in my professional life. The problem is I LOVED what I did and wanted to make that my life long career. I could have seen myself advancing through the ranks and becoming one of the really good ones in my field...unfortunately working with a certain backstabbing *insert profanity here* has destroyed that ambition. I told the truth and was branded an untrustworthy liar and disgraced. I don't know what it is I'm supposed to do now. I know they say everything happens for a reason and that one door closes so something better can come your way. But I don't exactly see what could be better than my dreams that were. How do I pick myself up from what seems to be the lowest of the low?

I'm so sorry! :grouphug:

I know what it feels like when everyone tells you one door closed means another can open and wanting to punch them in the face. lol. My boyfriend got fired more than a year ago and he hated it when people said that and probably would punch someone if they said it now, cause he's still without work. :( But he finally got a call back from one place and fingers crossed he can pass their test at the end of this month and if he gets it it will be a much better job that pays more than the one he had before. So fingers crossed!

Fingers crossed for you too and hopefully you won't actually lose your job or will rebound quickly. Thank goodness for those puppy distractions! lol.

Isn't there another company you can pursue the same career with? If you are a firefighter, another fire department? Or try something similar temporarily, something closely related but completely different - mix it up a little bit, it should be refreshing - till you can go back to what you love that is!

It must be hard, having everything planned out for the next few years and then those plans going out the window, but nothing ever works out how you plan it - especially in life - but - it does work out - eventually!

Good luck with your meeting - I hope you do get the job back!! Thoughts & Prayers.

Also sending thoughts and prayers...

Several years ago, fresh from having gotten my teaching certificate, I accepted a job teaching Spanish - to say that the experience was both difficult and pretty non-productive would be a major understatement! I was basically tossed into the deep end with insufficient support or guidance, and when I sank, they didn't renew my contract. To become fully licensed, you need to have completed 2 consecutive years at the same school - and I didn't! I was discouraged, didn't want to teach Spanish after such an experience, but after not being able to find another job, I went back to school to obtain further certifications. I still haven't found a teaching job - and am still not entirely sure I want to teach. I LOVE teaching, as I've found out in the past 3 years of substitute teaching, but there are a lot of aspects of the profession I truly dislike! I've recently found a job in retail, which hasn't ever been a job I wanted as a career, but I've found I like aspects of it enough that I'm talking with my store manager about applying for their manager training program... Cookies for reading this far - I DO have a point! It's not where I really wanted to be or dreamed I would "end up", but even though I have quite a few years on you, I have found that it IS possible to reinvent myself, and find some contentment and hope in it... I hope that you can, too!

It sounds like your former employer didn't deserve you working for them if they've sided with someone else over you. If possible to pursue your chosen career in another company then I would suggest doing that even if it means starting over as you now know from experience what pitfalls to avoid. Having had to start over previously I know it can be done and in my case definitely worked out for the better in the long run.

not knowing the full story of what occured, i do wish you the greatest of luck with your former boss. you could argue the fact that until whatever happened, your work, attitude etc were exemplary and would it be possible to transfer to a different station/office? which would be the best thing to do anyway because while there may have only been one lying back stabber, they obviously were backed up to a certain extent by their/your colleagues.. once again good luck with it lovey

I hate to read this, I know how you feel though. My whole life has basically been one let down, one tragedy, one hardship, one messed up plan after another. Its hard to get through but somehow life goes on and we either have to go with it or be left behind in the dust. Somehow something will work out, may not be the best solution or the one you had planned on but it will work out somehow and you'll figure out how to pick up the pieces and move forward. My thoughts are with you as you navigate this difficult time.

Thank you all, venting it out really seems to have helped sooth the soul. I can't imagine where I'm going to go or what I'm going to do now if this doesn't end well for me. I love our house and all we've built here, and can't imagine leaving my volunteer department. I have the backing of all the people I have had the pleasure of working with both on the ambulance side (where I was fired from) as well as the fire side (where I still work). I had high ambitions of continuing my ambulance career and was even looking at further schooling to get my paramedic certification, but now without another ambulance company in the area to work for I don't know if that is still in my cards. I guess for now I'm going to focus on some self improvement so I can be more competitive the next time a paid fire position opens in the area.