Abit worried

worrall1990

our luna recently has started growing muscle in her rear legs recently as shes a runner husky the thinner type breed of husky but she seems abit skinny but i do know that her breed are surposed to be abit skinny but what looks like her rear leg muscles or bones not sure seem to be showing on her back at either side(obvs where her legs are)

where a little worries and are just wondering if shes surposed to be like this

she is eating bits and bats usually a big bowl a day n drinking what appears to be plenty

where just very consered as shes our little princess lol

please and advise would be really helpful thankyou :P ( love the site its so helpfull its unreal)

post-7818-13586063825293_thumb.jpg

If the two protruberances are on the top back of the hips then these are the top of the hips.

This means she is a bit on the skinny side and probably underweight.

Runner Huskies as you called them tend to be smaller but more stocky (thicker around the chest and hips)

Show Huskies tend to be slightly larger but slimmer.

How are her stools are they constantly runny ??

What are you feeding her. She might be eating lots but not enough of the right stuff.

If her stools are runny then the food isn't staying in her long enough to help her put on weight.

hope this helps.

Just saw your second post.

ALL huskies tend to prefer Human food to Husky food

Because. . . well it's tastier.

However most of the food we eat these days is mostly preprocessed and contain many additives and preservatives that might be harmful to your dog.

You really need to get her on a high protein type Kibble and Raw chicken wings (not cooked)

try to avoid feeding her human food, too many things we like to eat are dangerous for dogs.

Sorry I actually winced when I read Webbox. that stuff is the absolute worst of the worst you can feed your dog.

Even moving to Tins of dog food would be better.

LOL yeah the breeder was feeding them because its cheap and pleantiful.

However the ingredients are basically wheat and rice chaff (not the actual wheat and rice just the shells and husks)

lots of additives and preservatives and the meat content is whatever bits of bone gristle and offal they couldn't use in proper food.

All blended and mashed together into that horrible paste.

Have a look in this section of the forum there are many discussions and lots of advice on what to feed your husky. :up:

http://www.husky-owners.com/forum/forumdisplay.php/48-Food-amp-Diet

My first Husky Maya is very tall, leggy and long in the body. She is a lot slimmer than I would have liked her to be, but she is what she is and I love her all the same. Maya's pins also show slightly, but not that prominent. Your baby is tiny there is no doubt about it, but maybe she will always be small. Don't worry about what you feel she should look like. Give her some good quality food while she's growing and she'll develop into the dog that she is meant to be.

Unfortunately, due to bad advice, the food you are giving her including the Wagg is known to be poor quality from what I've read. Try and research some better food. The better foods can seem more expensive, but she will need less as it is packed with goodness.

Best of luck.

If you have the choice of Steak and Lobster every day or the normal sandwich and macaroni w cheese that some of us live on what would your choice be?? Bet you'd do anything you could to make it steak and Lobster, right?? That's the choice you're giving Luna - the only problem with that is that's not healthy for him ( and wouldn't be for us either! ).

I don't know the food you have available to you, but I'd take Andy's advice and get him on a good quality food - and stop giving him human food entirely as long as he can con you into giving him your food why should he eat this dog food ( which is better for him )?? He'll go into a "I'm hungry!" routine and it's going to take you being stern to make him realize that he has plenty of food - HIS FOOD! - available, he's just got to make up his mind to eat that.

Best of luck and don't let him manipulate you too badly!!

Agree that your pup would benefit greatly from a gradual switchover to a more quality kibble. We feed wainwrights and I'm quite happy with it. On the flip side it's only available from pets at home.