a good general dry food

worrall1990

advise please :P

All our 4 are fed Purina Pro plan.They have never been on anything else.It comes in lots of varieties,and they do really well on it.Their coats are fantastic,it's gentle on their stomachs and they love it.It is usually about £ 40/45 per 14 kg bag( Pets at Home £49!!)but you can often get offers online,free delivery etc.There are so many different types of dry food available and it gets confusing:confused: so I' m happy to stick with the same one.:)

Edited by basketcase687

When Broder was on kibble we fed him Taste of the Wild which seemed a pretty good food. He's currently on raw but will soon need to be back on kibble and unfortunately we'll be going for something like Arden Grange or Wainwrights.

P.S We're in Sheffield at the moment which isn't too far from you if you ever want to go for a walk. :)

Edited by sharloid

Mine used to be on Solid Gold as my breeder started her on that and I know this is a good brand then I switched her to Orijen after she recovered from Parvo. She was getting a bit soft stool after her recovery and I wanted to switch her to grain free at that moment as well..... So I spent almost a mth to switch her to Orijen and he stool was fine until recently after the spay guess the stress and the surgery so she might need some time to recover. But after the research I did on dry food I wold say Acana / Orijen are both very good with all natural no preservative source and all ingredients from trusted supplier no china. Taste of Wild recently announced they changed their fish supplier that they can so also claim that have absolutely NO preservative even 0.01% in their dry food ( their supplier used to spay some preservative on the fish that made TOW hold 0.01% or so preservative).

My pup is currently fed Csj little champ and raw which I intend to put her on full time when the kibble runs out xx

I've heard csj is good. We have ours on skinners maintence which is 18% protein, they do other ones for if you are working your husky which increase the protein.

Luka's stool has improved and he's happy with it, he also has raw chicken wings for treats. Previous owners ad him on bakers which is just rubbish!

I feed mine on one from the local animal rescue.

Apparently it's made for them by James Wellbeloved, in a plain no-branded sack but a damn sight cheaper! salmon & potato & the only thing that Mishka seems to like.

I was given some to try by another member (Sharon - 'Blue Bayou') & she's been on it ever since & doing well :)

I also give mine raw chicken drumsticks from Tesco as a treat ;)