Colorado Springs Husky Meet Up!! (Pic Heavy!!)

calvinandmommy

Well I set up a meet with a few husky owners here in Colorado Springs through another page I am on. We all met up today. There were 7 huskies all together that showed up. Pretty small meet compared to the ones they have in Denver....about 75-100 huskies and malamutes most meets. Husband was there and took about 470 pictures. :D I obviously won't put them all up here but if you want to look at all of them here is the link to them....(hope it works)

http://s470.photobucket.com/albums/rr67/mortose/Husky%20Meet%208%20Aug%2012/

Anyways enjoy the pictures. Oh and the pictures actually are backwards. They start towards the end of the meet and go to the beginning lol. Sorry to lazy to fix.

Calvin sticking his tongue out at us lol. This was right before we left so I think he didn't want to leave his 6 other new friends lol.

DSC_8162.jpg

DSC_8157.jpg

DSC_8144.jpg

DSC_8131.jpg

Chase Me!!

DSC_8118.jpg

DSC_8115.jpg

This one here with Calvin is named Cow lol. Same age as Calvin and he is the sweetest thing ever.

DSC_8017.jpg

DSC_8009.jpg

DSC_7947.jpg

DSC_7901.jpg

My favorite picture of Calvin.

DSC_7796.jpg

Calvin about to be stepped on lol.

DSC_7808.jpg

Calvin chilling lol.

DSC_7817.jpg

Gotta have a mid shake picture lol.

DSC_7749.jpg

Sorry for so many pictures. Had to show off lol.

Great photos..looks like a blast! Glad to see there are groups that meet close to us. was this just a random day meet? Are there larger group meets in Colorado?

I'm on a Facebook group called Husky Huddle and Malamute Mingle...It's a bunch of people based around Denver really but a few in Colorado Springs. Most of the people in Denver meet once a month....those meets can get to be 75-100 huskies sometimes apparently.

Were there two named Trekk and Neo there? They just moved to Colorado Springs from where I am in Wisconsin last month..

Nope not this time. Don't know if anybody has joined the Husky Huddle and Malamute Mingle page with those dog names. If you are still in contact with them you should have them look up that page on Facebook and come join us sometime. =)

Great post.

Thanks for sharing BTW there's no such thing as "Too many pics" :)

Looks like the pooches had a fantastic time chasing each other around.

I'm on a Facebook group called Husky Huddle and Malamute Mingle...It's a bunch of people based around Denver really but a few in Colorado Springs. Most of the people in Denver meet once a month....those meets can get to be 75-100 huskies sometimes apparently.

I don't use the Spacebook so keep us in the loop! :D It think Denver is about a 6 hour drive from Salt lake...and we enjoy roadtrips from time to time.

I don't use the Spacebook so keep us in the loop! :D It think Denver is about a 6 hour drive from Salt lake...and we enjoy roadtrips from time to time.

Haha Spacebook nice I like that. How many huskies/dogs do you have? I think it would be neat to meet husky owners from this forum in person. I think you should totally do a road trip to Colorado Springs some time.

Haha Spacebook nice I like that. How many huskies/dogs do you have? I think it would be neat to meet husky owners from this forum in person. I think you should totally do a road trip to Colorado Springs some time.

We just have one spoiled rotten fur-kid right now! 600 miles to Colorado Springs...probably won't happen this year, but you never know maybe we'll road trip that way next year!

Nope not this time. Don't know if anybody has joined the Husky Huddle and Malamute Mingle page with those dog names. If you are still in contact with them you should have them look up that page on Facebook and come join us sometime. =)

Unfortunately I don't still have contact with them :( They used to come to our Husky Huddle and Malamute Mingle meet ups, and I told them that there were large ones in Denver, I'm sure they'll show up eventually :)

OMG how fun! Were they all well behaved????

I worry about taking mine because they are so ill behaved...:(

Calvin is so ill behaved when it is just my husband and I around people...at home. But if we are in public or around other dogs he is great. We got him in the park and let him go and all was well. There was one time were one of the older huskies, I think he was 5 or 6, got mad for whatever reason and went after Calvin. All 7 adults that were there (me included) quickly started grabbing dogs and pulling them away from each other. We got all the dogs to calm down and all was well after that.