Is it a Husky thing, or just my crazy little guy?

Brady

So, we had a giant thunder & lightning storm the other night. We were out for most of it, and I was terrified of what Sherlock would have done to my house while we were gone (we've been experimenting with leaving him out of the crate in the kitchen when we're out).

Anyways, we got home and everything looked fine. We let Sherlock out and whenever the thunder started he got super excited running around and trying to follow the sound. His tail was curled (it isn't often) and he seemed super excited.

I thought dogs were supposed to be scared of thunder and lightning (my brother's dog is!).

Are Sibe's just different in that respect too.. or is it my little guy who has no fear?

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Suka isn't scared of lightning/thunder either (but he hates getting wet, go figure!). In fact, he isn't scared of much...but that may be because he's a confident boy.

I think it depends on the personality of the dog...some are scared of lightning/thunder and some aren't.

Suka isn't scared of lightning/thunder either (but he hates getting wet, go figure!). In fact, he isn't scared of much...but that may be because he's a confident boy.

I think it depends on the personality of the dog...some are scared of lightning/thunder and some aren't.

Thanks for the reply!! :) Sherlock doesn't seem to mind getting wet (which I kinda wish he did lol).

I just find it a little funny because he's terrified of the baby gate - and that started after it crashed down a couple of times, and he won't go anywhere near it. But, thunder (which makes a much more scary sound) seems to not bother him at all.. :)

mine dont mind thunder..tolka hates distant gunshots and they all want to watch fireworks..:rolleyes:

How many do you have? Are those all yours in the photo? They are gorgeous! I love huskies. I'm dying for a second one.. But the husband says no unless we move to where we'd have some property for them to run free on (and by free I mean fully fenced, but way larger than what we have now!)

Cj is kind of hit and miss with Thunder. Typically if we are around she's ok with it, but not always. I tried sneaking in a night walk during a rain/lightning/thunderstorm a couple weeks ago. She didn't care for that one bit. In fact she couldn't get home fast enough.

oh my goodness my husky is NOT afraid of loud noises or thunder, fireworks, gun shots and the like at all. he is the calmest, chillest dude I've EVER met. BUT my GSD; she is completely the opposite. She is TER-RI-FIED of especially fireworks. If I can I stay home with her on days like this. She will get out of her crate and become destructive...

Ghost sleeps through thunderstorms lol. The second to last time we had one he went to balcony, got a little wet while trying to figure what's going on but other than that he's just zzZzzz. After 8-9pm is his precious sleep time, nothing bothers him. Actually I don't wake up during thunderstorms either. :D

Thanks for the reply!! :) Sherlock doesn't seem to mind getting wet (which I kinda wish he did lol).

I just find it a little funny because he's terrified of the baby gate - and that started after it crashed down a couple of times, and he won't go anywhere near it. But, thunder (which makes a much more scary sound) seems to not bother him at all.. :)

Cleo doesn't mind thunder or loud noise, she doesn't seem to be affected by it! Once during a walk it started to rain she wasn't bothered by that either, but like you said I wish she was haha would've been good for me!

I also have been lucky with storms. When Alexis was alive she could care less if it was thundering. She was once outside sun bathing on our patio table when its started to rain and hail out. I had to yell at her to come in the house. Hannah loves thunderstorms, fireworks, motorcycles and any other loud noise.

Panda sleeps through the thunder but he is scared of loud cars. lol

Cleo gets really spooked on walks when a car goes by.. totally forgot about that! She hates going to the main streets it takes her a while to get used to the cars and calm down, hope she gets over her car fear soon! She's also really scared when she sees our car, but once she's in she enjoys the ride :)

Cleo gets really spooked on walks when a car goes by.. totally forgot about that! She hates going to the main streets it takes her a while to get used to the cars and calm down, hope she gets over her car fear soon! She's also really scared when she sees our car, but once she's in she enjoys the ride :)

Panda not so much cars its those loud muffler noises that some people have on their cars that go VROOOM VROOM lol.

Thunder storms don't bother Polee at all as she happily lays outside in the garden if we have one. It could be a husky thing as all the dogs I've had previously haven't liked thunder with one dog hiding under the stairs whenever there was a thunder storm

Safi Togo an Loki show mild interest in thunder and fireworks. Peppa is slightly nervous of a lot of things in that she woo woos at things. But she's amazing getting off an on buses an trains, go figure :/ lol

Safi has recently become sensitive to articulated lorrys passing her on the street. She moves to the inside of the path an puts either Togo or Loki between herself an the road edge. Loki is really funny when walking with Peppa. He likes to keep her on his left side, if she moves round to his right he immediately slows a pace, drops back an cuts back to having Peppa on his left.

How many do you have? Are those all yours in the photo? They are gorgeous! I love huskies. I'm dying for a second one.. But the husband says no unless we move to where we'd have some property for them to run free on (and by free I mean fully fenced, but way larger than what we have now!)

hi I have 3,well one husky..the red an white one Tolka and two utonagan s Tamaska an Keme.. thats their lurcher friend in the photo as well...Would love more if I had the space an money:)

My guys aren't bothered by thunder and lightning.

They are ok with fireworks if they are in the house.

However they don't like being outdoors with fireworks.

The sudden flash of light make them jerk to look then the bang makes them jump.

Not happy puppies. :(