Time of growth

joshmp5

Silly question. Storm is a little over 7 months old now and it seems like he's stopped gaining weight. he's at 46.5 pounds (i weigh them both about 3 times a week, it's part of our continued socialization routine lol). But, I am just curious if there's another growth spurt or if it's just gradual. That about right for him being a bit over 7 months?

Silly question. Storm is a little over 7 months old now and it seems like he's stopped gaining weight. he's at 46.5 pounds (i weigh them both about 3 times a week, it's part of our continued socialization routine lol). But, I am just curious if there's another growth spurt or if it's just gradual. That about right for him being a bit over 7 months?

I noticed the same thing with Nikko. When he hit about 6 months old he was at about 47lbs, and when he turned 7 months he was 50lbs, and now at 8 months he is 53 lbs.

I think they slow down and it's more gradual until they are about 18 months, or so Ive read.

I am estimating Nikko is going to max out at about 75lbs

I saw the same thing with Denali, the bulk of his growth was done by the time he was 9months and from there just the slow process of filling out, which at 19 months he is still doing. Nothing to worry about I'd say it sounds like he's at a good weight with room to add the rest without being overly bulky.

Both Ice and Bear grew like crazy up until 6 months old, then everything started to slow down significantly. I suspect this is what you're experiencing too, to some extent. If they're feeding well (as well a notoriously fussy breed like a husky can), and appear fit and healthy then I really wouldn't worry too much.