why THE dog?

Smokey

Why do we love our dogs so much?

Why do we spend so much of our time, money and energy to love something that uses us for food and our opposable thumbs?

Why does it bother us so much when they are sick or leaving or gone?

Have we always been like this?

Is there a 12 step program that YOU might consider if there was?

i could not imagine not having a dog in my life, i have been brought up with dogs from a young age and even before i had huskies i had 2 little mongrels who lived to the ripe age of 16, i was scared of large dogs for a very long time due to experiences when i was younger my sister nearly lost her life from an attack off one of my mums alsatians,i always wanted a husky never thought i would have 8 though,but i love all the things about them that im sure most find annoying i love there free spirit and i never wanted a dog that performs tricks all day long i except them for who they are as they do me ,babble over lol

They are always there for you no matter what u have said or done, they know how your feeling and will plant a wonderful wet tongue on your mouth which makes you smile:) they don't judge you just accept your love.

They are the pains in the bum who don't let you have a lay in but they make sure your energised for the day ahead as your walk ends in a gallop when small furries appear:)

Because a Dog is the one absolutely, unselfish friend that a man or women can have in this selfish world, the one that never deserts him or her and the one that never proves ungrateful or treacherous - is his or her Dog, and thats pretty much why I've ALWAYS loved them!...and apparently when I was a baba' our family dog (springer spaniel) was the first to make me actually laugh, by licking & playing with me! they truly are amazing creatures, on many, many levels.

Why do we love our dogs so much? I just do, they bring me joy, companionship & love

Why do we spend so much of our time, money and energy to love something that uses us for food and our opposable thumbs? because they are worth every penny and every moment of time and every bit of effort it takes to keep them

Why does it bother us so much when they are sick or leaving or gone? because they are family & when one of them passes away it will be like losing a mum/dad/sister.

Have we always been like this? I wasn't allowed a dog growing up but I've always loved animals, on a whole I'd say animal lovers have always been like this

Is there a 12 step program that YOU might consider if there was? No, I don't care if anyone thinks I'm stupid etc about the way I feel about my dogs, I love them & anyone that's seen me & my dogs could tell you, they love me too. I wouldn't want to miss out on that or any of the time I send with them. They ARE my life