hi from koda bear

proudhusky#!

we are new to the forum koda bear is a rescue husky from nova scotia canada he is 2 and a half and we have had him since he was 4 months he is very hyper and hard to walk but a pleasure to be around he is our first husky so he came with alot of challanges and can be quite the handful we found out the hard way he isnt a off leash dog and can escape and climb just about everything he is voiceous and will let you know if he wants something like going for walks and runs is favorate only now we know not to take him off he doesn't come back lol he loves to sing along to songs and is quite smart finds his toys and treats and helps himself to them lol we have learn to work with this beautiful breed he reminds me of a 2 yr old child lol they are so human like and smart koda is a pleasure to be around i will live with the challanges, just wondering he likes to jump on people and chase cars not a good thing lol is this normal for the breed and any suggestions on our to correct it thanks angie

post-8395-13586065090974_thumb.jpg

Hi Angela, welcome to husky owners :)

Huskies should as a rule never be let off the leash. Its their instinct as apposed to their training so its not something you are specifically doing wrong other than letting him off in the first place to be honest. There have been people on this very forum who have felt safe letting them off for years, only to find that they eventually run and never come back, or getting hit by cars etc.

thanks guys I am so glad I found a place I can come to with my questions about koda's breed he is our first husky had labs and germans before him he came with many issues but we just love him to death his smile can light up a room and he loves to be around people we learn the hard way about the leash he as bolted before and so lucky he was found and return to us thanks again I am so happy for the support