Lazy Husky?

RickyT

My Husky Tundra seems to be a bit of a couch potato, even now he is just sprawled out on the floor in a cool room with no desire to move. He has been to the vet several times and he is in perfect health. I am new to huskies and did my research and read all about husky energy and need to exercise but I have seen none of it.

My question is, Does the summer heat affect energy levels. I live in Connecticut and the summer has averaged Mid 80's

You can check my current temperature in my sig block. My two play around till about 8:00 AM when the temp hits the low 80's and then are "out of it" til after sundown - about 9:00 PM. It looks like I have two rugs that move around from cool place to cool place as the day goes on. Right now Sasha's behind me so that the fan's hitting her as well as me. Oh, I have no air so my current temp is what I live with!

My pup spends 70% of its day doing nothing sleeping on the vent in the living room, sleeping with its head inside the vent in the kitchen or sleeping on top of his bag of food. however when he is not sleeping he is on a terror streak trying to beat up kyser, and when khan gets the zoomies its so funny he is like a bolt of lightning running full speed from the entry room to the living room, jumping and bouncing off the sofa on his way back to the entry room. Watching him bounce off the sofa like a Lakers rebound is so funny, especially if your are sleeping or sitting on the sofa when it happens.

And I thought I had a weird husky! Cleo is SO lazy, she does not want to move after she wakes up in the morning! After 8 hours of sleep, I have to drag her out for to potty and she's only 3 months old! It's like she stretches her bladder in her sleep LOL

Even when she's playing with a toy, and it moves out of her reach, she won't stand up to get the toy, if she's laying on her side, she'll crawl towards it while still laying on her side!

My pup spends 70% of its day doing nothing sleeping on the vent in the living room, sleeping with its head inside the vent in the kitchen or sleeping on top of his bag of food. however when he is not sleeping he is on a terror streak trying to beat up kyser, and when khan gets the zoomies its so funny he is like a bolt of lightning running full speed from the entry room to the living room, jumping and bouncing off the sofa on his way back to the entry room. Watching him bounce off the sofa like a Lakers rebound is so funny, especially if your are sleeping or sitting on the sofa when it happens.

Cleo loves the vent as well, in fact if the air-con is off, she'll whine and nip and jump on the bed until I turn it on again!! She also seems to prefer my bathroom to her crate since the tiles are cooler!

• 2 weeks later...

Blue finds the only cross breeze in the house, brings over him favorite blanket and teddy and sleeps, all day everyday until its bedtime, then he goes up stairs, crawls into bed and sleeps all night. It just too hot for anything else, and I'm okai with that.

Ghost would sleep through most of the days in May-June. Then he got accustomed to the weather. Now he doesn't sleep as much but that's probably because of his sex drive which wants him to go out and go after any female (me included).:rolleyes: