poo explosions and a poo covered cow

Storm Angel n Auroras Mum

Angels poorly.

Last night when I got home from work I had the pleasure of cleaning her crate after a poo explosion.

This morning I got woke up to "muuuuum angels pooed in her crate" great, I get up, clean it up but the cow is covered in it! its all dried, great I sigh bath later then. And I recrate her and go back to bed.

Alex gets up about an hour later "shes dont it again" here i go again, so we bathed her first then cleaned it again. no breakfast for her then.

We had to go out to get things for the kids school.

Come home and yup you guessed it. AGAIN! and she had to be hosed down!

I have had enough of poo today!

If it's "explosive diarrhea" that could indicate some nasty bacteria or some other parasite involved. Is Angel acting normal otherwise? I would not feed her for 24 hours. Then go with something bland, like rice and boiled chicken for a few days. If things don't improve, within a day, I'd have her checked by your vet. Make sure she gets plenty of water so she does not dehydrate. Good luck.

If it's "explosive diarrhea" that could indicate some nasty bacteria or some other parasite involved. Is Angel acting normal otherwise? I would not feed her for 24 hours. Then go with something bland, like rice and boiled chicken for a few days. If things don't improve, within a day, I'd have her checked by your vet. Make sure she gets plenty of water so she does not dehydrate. Good luck.

Thats my thought. Had no more poo so far. I am keeping an eye on her coz its warm in the uk atm so dehydration is higher risk.

Its not as bad as storm was last yr.

She cant have rice. I think shes intolerant to it.

A veterinary nurse once told me, put water down with 1 teaspoon of sugar & 1 teaspoon of salt & withold food for 24 hours.

The salt replaces salt they loose with dehydration, the sugar takes away the taste of the salt. Then chicken & rice, although if she can't have rice, try just chicken.

The 'squirts' aren't nice, Mishka had that a few times as a puppy until I found a food she liked & agreed with her. Good luck, it's not nice for either of you :(