Post Men / Women

Sarah

Does your Husky / other dog / pet like postmen?

My cousin is a postman and this morning a woman was parked outside her house and asked for her post - she wound her window down and he gave her the envelopes only to find her Jack Russell leap through the window and start attacking his shoe laces!

He turned up here tonight in his post man's uniform and Kaiser growled at him!!!! He's NEVER done that before and my cousins been here squillians of times so they know who he is.

Just wondered if your dogs liked post men or if you have any funny stories regarding them?

lmao one of our bike instructors used to be a postman! OMG you should hear some of his wonderful doggy vs postman stories lol sowy I cant remember them now :o

Our 3 have never really taken any notice to our postwoman but they dont have direct access to the front door as jamies mum and dads bedroom is next to the front door so they are not allowed in that area and she never makes any noise when she does come along so they dont hear her!

My old rottie (Butch) was a little bugger with the postman, Every morning he knew exactly when he was going to arrive and would wait at the door for him and as soon as the letter started going through the mail box Butch went crazy and would bark like hell and run around the house like a nutter! Then one morning I waited outside for the postman and asked him if he wouldnt mind Butch coming outside to meet him and he did and we did that a few times and then he wasnt bothered at all! The postman became his best friend after that I think lol he was always coming around and if we saw him in the street he would stop to fuss butch :) was so sweet and then butch was put to sleep :cry: and the postman came over when he finished to show his sympathy for what happened

Well Nukka isnt really bothered about the postman but.... I do have a very evil friend who actually used to bark so convincingly through his door that the postman used to say "S'allright boy just the posty, I'll bring you a buscuit tommorow" and he actually did! He posted a doggy buscuit through the letterbox for the dog he thought was barking at him!!! My friend had toooo much time on his hands I think!!! Poor posty!! :S

No problems with the postman, but our lab/rottie mix would like to have the meter reader for a snack. He's a big boy and likes to be vocal when someone comes on the yard - while he sounds like he's preparing to eat people, he'd never hurt anyone.

I'm pretty sure she sprayed him with pepper spray as on one occassion I was sitting on the deck with him and he began barking at her - she came around the corner with a bottle in hand, unaware that I was sitting there. I explained that the best way to his heart was a treat, not pepper spray....Now, he quietly sits and watches her every move - which I think is more frightening for her than if he chased her back to her pickup.