Someone is selling/sold "my" pup

NicTurtle

SO ANGRY!!!! I sold 5 pups in February on contract that they would be returned to me if anyone needed to rehome them. I just saw an add online where someone was trying to sell the pup I sold her for $550 (more than she paid me) and that was less than 1 month after buying the pup from me. I'm so angry right now I can't even tell you! :@

I've tried emailing and calling and I've not gotten a response yet. Sometimes I just hate people! Her ad said she had to "rehome" due to moving. Such a load of BS!

Even with a contract, I don't know how I'll find this woman if she really did move since all her info would have changed. Ugh! She even called 3 weeks after taking the pup home to tell us how much she loved her. I do not have the stomach for ever breeding again (not that I planned to). People are just too horrible!

Ive just picked up a 4 1/2 month old Husky boy to home. We are his 4th home. I could never breed either. People do not accept that puppies are full time life long committments. :(

I was in a similar situation - I got Freya at 4 3/4 months old and I was her 3rd owner :(

You have a contract. Is it enforceable? If so, why not simply enforce the contract. But then, maybe it's not as simple as that.

You have a contract. Is it enforceable? If so, why not simply enforce the contract. But then, maybe it's not as simple as that.

A lot depends on what is in the contract and how it is written. She can try and take them to court, but there's no telling if they'd even show up. Contracts are nice, but they usually don't hold up much water unfortunately. Plus you may end up paying a lot in court fees if you do decide to go after someone and the judge may still decide in their favor (happened to one breeder I know. the judge was being a total idiot). But like most responsible breeders would say, they'd fight tooth and nail to get the dog back if it was in a bad situation.

A lot depends on what is in the contract and how it is written. She can try and take them to court, but there's no telling if they'd even show up. Contracts are nice, but they usually don't hold up much water unfortunately. Plus you may end up paying a lot in court fees if you do decide to go after someone and the judge may still decide in their favor (happened to one breeder I know. the judge was being a total idiot). But like most responsible breeders would say, they'd fight tooth and nail to get the dog back if it was in a bad situation.

Sooo depressing to hear this, but I guess we need to know what is really going on out there.:(

I am stumped...why are people rehoming what are essentially babies?

I don't know if I am missing something here: I can understand that at some point in an individual's life, something terrible might happen such as loss of business/job/then repossession of home etc - I get it! What I don't get is people re-homing pups. What's occuring there? My own humble understanding of this breed is that the real problems begin when these babies are in their teens, yet from what I am reading here, people are re-homing when these Huskies are babies. Is it the breed, or is it usual for 'pond life' to take on any puppy, then dump it?

same thing happened with a littermate of Luka's. The new owner abused her and then sold her on craigslist for next to nothing. A guy purchased her and once he received the papers he immediately notified the breeder. He wound up paying for all of her vet bills and is now her loving daddy but sad to say most situations don't turn out like that one.

same thing happened with a littermate of Luka's. The new owner abused her and then sold her on craigslist for next to nothing. A guy purchased her and once he received the papers he immediately notified the breeder. He wound up paying for all of her vet bills and is now her loving daddy but sad to say most situations don't turn out like that one.

That's all too true, now, why don't we see him on here, huh??? :)

What I don't get is people re-homing pups. What's occuring there? My own humble understanding of this breed is that the real problems begin when these babies are in their teens' date=' yet from what I am reading here, people are re-homing when these Huskies are babies. Is it the breed, or is it usual for 'pond life' to take on any puppy, then dump it?[/quote']

I think some people immerse themselves in a fantasy world where their puppy will be a clean, non-peeing, non-poohing little animated teddy bear that will love them unconditionally and expect nothing other than some food and toys in return. The reality of a baby puppy is noisier, messier and much more stressful than that. I guess when they face the reality of a husky puppy, their fantasy bubble well and truly bursts and they just can't handle it!

Still no response from her so I've got to do some digging and find out if she still really does live where she did when I sold her the pup. If I could just find out if she really sold her or if she still has her I'd at least be able to find out if the new home is a good place or not. I hate the not knowing the most! I actually have this feeling she may have been trying to make money by selling her rather than actually needing to rehome her.

And I had heard in the past that contracts are difficult to enforce especially as, in this case, I can't seem to contact her with the information she gave me.

Thanks for the support though in letting me vent.

Could you ask a friend of yours to have an interest in buying? A little roleplaying, like she or he will go meet the "owner" and when she/he has it they'll call you saying made up stuff like Honey, I'm here, he's a beaut, we're taking it! Can my "spouse"(you) come and see him too? Then you come with the contract.

It's worth a try I think? :/

[ATTACH=CONFIG]56025[/ATTACH]

I'm sorry, what part of this don't I understand???

and so what if he's real country, don't phone lines go that far out?? Excuses, excuses!!!

Southaven is like extended Memphis except it's across the stateline. I could put Southaven but no one would ever know where i live. i work in memphis it's so close. ;)

haha he probably has internet. i just never asked him to join. i'm forgetful. lol

post-7406-13586066160619_thumb.jpg

SO ANGRY!!!! I sold 5 pups in February on contract that they would be returned to me if anyone needed to rehome them. I just saw an add online where someone was trying to sell the pup I sold her for $550 (more than she paid me) and that was less than 1 month after buying the pup from me. I'm so angry right now I can't even tell you! :@

I've tried emailing and calling and I've not gotten a response yet. Sometimes I just hate people! Her ad said she had to "rehome" due to moving. Such a load of BS!

Even with a contract, I don't know how I'll find this woman if she really did move since all her info would have changed. Ugh! She even called 3 weeks after taking the pup home to tell us how much she loved her. I do not have the stomach for ever breeding again (not that I planned to). People are just too horrible!

:grouphug:

Oh Nicole I am so sorry/ It might be a few days late, is it a recent ad? However, if you want since I live in Northern CA, you could give me the link and I could try to "contact" the lady and make a false inquiry to see where it may lead in being able to get you a "meeting" . Seems very "sly" I know, but at the same time, I am one of those people who signed a contract for both my dogs and can't condone people doing such a thing, and I would rather go homeless and camp for a few months (as I have done before) than give up my dogs for moving and housing issues! and since they are asking more than they paid and asking for any $$ for that matter to re-home seems that they are truly scum!

Arrrggghhh, my sympathies.

Well, in my contracts i would put a line that clearly states, "If you do anything I do not approve of, abuse, hurt, neglect or any synonym of said words, try to rehome or resell the puppy, I reserve the right to shoot you on sight untill dead and take the puppy back." Or maybe something referring to a large piece of concrete and their head. Either way it would get the point across.

The ad was for 3 months ago and I just found it. I did answer the ad (send her a message through the site) as someone other than myself. Then I waited two days and called her. No answer either way. So I'm not sure if the pup has gone on to a new home or not, and don't know if I'll be able to get any response even if I try to contact again as someone else. I almost hope she's sold the pup to a better person than she is. I'd just really like to find out and its killing me to worry and not get a response.

I just placed a notice on Craigslist for our area asking whoever bought her to contact me - and I placed the same photo on the ad as the woman used to sell her. Hopefully someone will see it and get in touch.

Edited by NicTurtle