Please help with potty training!

jessiezara90

So my pup is nearly five months now and is not really potty trained at all :( He gets fed three times a day, he is crate trained and will not go to the toilet in his crate, so leave him in for 20mins after feeding then take him out and he nearly always gos pee and poo, it's the bits inbetween he just pees wherever he wants! God help me if we had carpets! I don't know how to predict when he is gonna go cause it seems so random. Just a bit worried now as although he goes outside most of the time it's only cause I take him out straight after being in the crate, he wouldnt hold it in to go outside unless I take him out straight away. Is he still quite young and could grow out of or do I have some work to do:(

Ive got Skye fully toilet trained now that she also sort of asks to go out and she is just over 4 months old.

Shadow took longer than that he wasnt fully toilet trained till 6 months!

So i know how your feeling!

I just take them out after everything every sleep every play every run around anything tbh and even then id just randomly take them out every hour for example and extend.

It was hard to see the signs with skye as sometimes she just wondered around anyway so i just put her out whenever she started moving around on her own lol she just got the hint in the end!

Lots of praise when they go outside though :D ignore when they go inside.

Ive got Skye fully toilet trained now that she also sort of asks to go out and she is just over 4 months old.

Shadow took longer than that he wasnt fully toilet trained till 6 months!

So i know how your feeling!

I just take them out after everything every sleep every play every run around anything tbh and even then id just randomly take them out every hour for example and extend.

It was hard to see the signs with skye as sometimes she just wondered around anyway so i just put her out whenever she started moving around on her own lol she just got the hint in the end!

Lots of praise when they go outside though :D ignore when they go inside.

Nothing else to add apart from what a lovley girl :wub:

She might still smell her pee. It's a long run for us too. When I finally thought Ghost had it under control, he started peeing at home again when he hit puberty, he was like a 2 months old pup then! He'd completely forget that you don't pee inside. And to be honest from time to time he still has little accidents but that is our fault for not taking him out right before we leave. But we're getting there. I do take the blame for prior to puberty but now I have no idea why he does it when we leave from time to time. Insecurities I guess, it's a lot better now though.

We got luka potty trained about a month ago and I think it had a lot to do with the fact that we moved and he couldn't smell his urine anymore. Take him out constantly and literally right after he eats and drinks. It's hard work but just be consistent. Plus its SO rewarding when they are haha

We got luka potty trained about a month ago and I think it had a lot to do with the fact that we moved and he couldn't smell his urine anymore. Take him out constantly and literally right after he eats and drinks. It's hard work but just be consistent. Plus its SO rewarding when they are haha

Keep trying I guess, I know I get so excited when he does go outside lol saaad :)