Anyone recommend a good vacuum?

glenn

We got a Dyson 7 years ago when we got our first Sibe. It's not the 'ball' model it's the old 4 wheel style. It's heavy to push on carpeting and was expensive to buy but it does a great job cleaning up dog hair and the associated dirt that comes in with our dogs. I guess you could say it really sucks (in a good way)!

• 3 weeks later...

We have had a Dyson Animal for about 9 years now....just love it no lose of suction picks up everything....just wish they made it automatic so we can just plug it in and away it goes LOLOL

I replaced my ancient Dyson recently. I did a lot of research on suction power I chose a Panasonic Eco-max UL596 - ie the pet version. It is fabulous, though the kids complain it's a bit heavy. At around £120 it's MUCH better value than a Dyson.

• 2 weeks later...

I had the yellow Dyson which worked OK, but then I got the new Dyson animal...OMG it is amazing! Although it is gross to see how much fur I am walking through. I am SO glad my carpet hides the hair...what I can't see won't bother me LOL