Idiots!!!!!

brian brown

I was in Tesco earlier, near the pet food. I walked past this old lady & small young girl (8yrs old?) - gran & granddaughter?

The little girl was talking to the old woman about a cat they had at home that they were GETTING RID OF because it had fleas?! What?!

She then went on to tell her they were getting a dog instead. The old woman said "dogs get fleas too you know?".

I couldn't believe it, are these people really that stupid? Do they believe that animals are expendable? :@:@:@

Sorry but I wanted to slap the pair of them :oops :eek: :lolman:

It's unfortunate that some people in todays society see pets not as treasured members of the family but as disposable assets.

Thrown out when they are no longer cute. or when they become a barrier to things like going on holiday etc.

So sad.

It's unfortunate that some people in todays society see pets not as treasured members of the family but as disposable assets.

Thrown out when they are no longer cute. or when they become a barrier to things like going on holiday etc.

So sad.

I'm the sort of passionate person that would have a go & tell them the error of their ways, that if they can't look after a cat, then certainly don't get a dog for **** sake!

I had to turn & walk away before I said something I'd regret :(

I've seen this attitude time & TIME again, as Andy said its todays society!

This is where we have gone wrong - people 'like' people/animals, and 'love' things (iPhone, Facebook, LED TV's etc.) where as before - people 'loved' people/animals and 'liked' things.

I hate to say this but its turning its turning into a sad-sad world.

This reminds me of a couple i used to know, i knew them for 2 years and in that time they got through about 5 different dogs (which all "ran away"), a cat & a rabbit. When they moved away (they were staying with us for a few days before moving) they ended up leaving their cat at our house with not even a warning! We didnt know about it untill we saw him living under my husbands car a few weeks later! Poor little thing! Luckily he wasnt micro chipped so he was able to be put up for adoption, if he was micro chipped he would have been put down within 3 days :( We also dog sat for them one weekend and were told to just let him "get out" of the yard.. because he was ugly now he wasnt a puppy. It makes me so sad they let ANYONE own a pet (even though i think my huskies really own me haha). Some people do not deserve the unconditional love of an animal!!

Unfortunately its not just dogs and cats that get treated like this......we have rescued a few animals over the years ranging from guinea pigs to lizards..... its pure laziness and ignorance that these people do not know how to look after their pets i mean how hard is it to give a cat a spot on flea treatment i feel sorry for the cat and the dog they end up getting xx

This reminds me of a couple i used to know, i knew them for 2 years and in that time they got through about 5 different dogs (which all "ran away"), a cat & a rabbit. When they moved away (they were staying with us for a few days before moving) they ended up leaving their cat at our house with not even a warning! We didnt know about it untill we saw him living under my husbands car a few weeks later! Poor little thing! Luckily he wasnt micro chipped so he was able to be put up for adoption, if he was micro chipped he would have been put down within 3 days :( We also dog sat for them one weekend and were told to just let him "get out" of the yard.. because he was ugly now he wasnt a puppy. It makes me so sad they let ANYONE own a pet (even though i think my huskies really own me haha). Some people do not deserve the unconditional love of an animal!!

Why put down within 3 days if micro-chipped?

Surely, they could be adopted and the chip's details changed?

I know a woman who's 'a dog lover', yeah right! She's had 5 dogs come and go in the last 2 years, that's as well as the 2 dogs she already had (and kept), plus a load of cats she has.

So much for loving the dogs, doesn't think twice about re-homing the ones that are 'doing her head in' :( I used to call this woman my friend :redface1::@

Why put down within 3 days if micro-chipped?

Surely, they could be adopted and the chip's details changed?

I know a woman who's 'a dog lover', yeah right! She's had 5 dogs come and go in the last 2 years, that's as well as the 2 dogs she already had (and kept), plus a load of cats she has.

So much for loving the dogs, doesn't think twice about re-homing the ones that are 'doing her head in' :( I used to call this woman my friend :redface1::@

We live on a military post and the post regulation (because unfortunatly this happens so much here) is that if they are micro chipped and the owner doesnt collect them within 3 days they just put them down :( Which is why i refuse to get my girls chipped just incase they get out, i would rather they went to a new family even if it meant i have less chance of getting them back than risk them being put down!

We live on a military post and the post regulation (because unfortunatly this happens so much here) is that if they are micro chipped and the owner doesnt collect them within 3 days they just put them down :( Which is why i refuse to get my girls chipped just incase they get out, i would rather they went to a new family even if it meant i have less chance of getting them back than risk them being put down!

Gotcha, saw the UK flag but hadn't twigged on the USArmyWifey name or "Fort Polk, LA, USA" location.

That's a bit cruel, be better off putting the irresponsible owner down :(

Gotcha, saw the UK flag but hadn't twigged on the USArmyWifey name or "Fort Polk, LA, USA" location.

That's a bit cruel, be better off putting the irresponsible owner down :(

Haha yeah, im from the UK origianly, sorry for the confusion :P

And i definatly agree! There should be a lot more rules and regs on having pets! I mean, you wouldnt just let your child "escape under the fence" never to be seen again!