Dining out

Val (Zebedee)

What is your favourite meal when dining out? What type of cuisine do you go for?

It is Steve's birthday today so we went out for a meal, he doesn't like "foreign" food, pizza is about as daring as he goes! :rofl: so he usually has steak or fish; tonight he had scampi.

I tend to eat chicken based meals when with him, tonight I had Hunters Chicken (chicken fillet wrapped in cheese & bacon & covered in BBQ sauce). Although if I'm out without him for a meal, I prefer Chinese.

What do you prefer? Do you stay safe with the same thing each time or do you experiment with different dishes? Do you & whoever you're out with get different things & share so you get the best of both worlds??

I'll try almost anything.

I love different foods. :up:

However my all time fave is. . . .

potato pie. Just like my mum used to make.

Brown sauce and red cabbage and good thick crust. . . MMMMMMMmmmmmmmmm:)

Hmm... I rarely eat out unless we have a pub lunch, we dont have to leave our house, we can get takeaways delivered (deliverys free from an amazing indian takeaway , and amazing pizza takeaway however if we have a good chinese we have to pay delivery) but the best chinese place round here you have to pick it up or eat in :-(

I adore new food experiences! Living in Oregon I have access to wonders such as fresh salmon, chantrelle mushrooms, huckleberries, and fresh produce of all sorts. The great thing is that the resteraunts adjust their menus to season so it's always fresh and supports local farmers and fisherfolk. Plus I love to cook, so I learn new ideas every time we go out! Thankfully there are quite a few places with outdoor seating so my doggie can attend. He is the best dinner date ever!! But I do love a good potato pie...:)

I am not exactly adventurous when it comes to food - I like traditional South African food, but I do love, love, love a good hamburger, and will order it even in a fancy restaurant if they have it on the menu.

We once went to a winery for lunch and my husband dared them to make me a hamburger - they never had burgers on the menu :confused: anyway, they took him up on the dare - that was the BEST burger I ever had :D Yum

although i like chinese i much prefer thai and indian, for my birthday i wanted to try a rissotto so him indoors toook me to an italian restaurant. we dont eat out much now so i cook it all at home, but if i do feel the urge to splash the cash i go for a kfc

We eat a lot of chicken at home and I cook for between 6 and 8 people a night. When we eat out I try and choose something other than chicken on the menu :) we have a favourite pub we eat at, the food is tremendous. Consistently good and loads of it. It's not far from you Val. The Colliers Arms at Kings Moss.

I think my best ever meal was when we were at Kingairelock in Scotland. There was a restaurant on the estate that sourced all it's food from the estate, grew its own veg an used its own fish meat an game. The night we went I chose the venison as I'd never had it before. The restaurant was the old boat house on the loch. As I was sat at the table having just ordered, I turned to look out the window and saw three ghillies hauling a huge stag out of a boat they'd just arrived in and proceed to carry it up the jetty past the window and into the back of the restaurant..I turned to the OH an said jokingly.. How fresh do you want your venison? I'd love to go back there and not just for the food, which was amazing

I love to eat fish when out for dinner as Wifey hates the sight of it, so it makes it difficult to eat at home.

My best ever meal out however was a steak.

Medium Rare Fillet, topped with a piece of Black Pudding and a slice of Mozzarella melted over the top, my mouth is watering just thinking of it.

I love to eat fish when out for dinner as Wifey hates the sight of it, so it makes it difficult to eat at home.

My best ever meal out however was a steak.

Medium Rare Fillet, topped with a piece of Black Pudding and a slice of Mozzarella melted over the top, my mouth is watering just thinking of it.

My husband usually has fish when we eat out too - for the same reason :D The huskies get their fish though, frozen :rofl:

I like to try different things :) I tend to go for starters that have either mushroom or salmon in but if something looks interesting i tend to try it! I like things with alot of different flavours!

My favourite meal out is Steak though normally medium rare but ive started having it rare lately and i like to have peppercorn sauce or mushroom sauce with it :)