Husky water bowl digging?

Nfored

My puppy every day and sometimes multiple times per day puts both paws in the water bowl and splashed all the water out of the bowl soaking him and flooding my floor. Any one else ever have their dog do this? We have had to move his food because of this as he almost burnt the house down. his bowl was in the kitchen, I guess there must be a hole or something in the wall as when he spilled his water it went down into the basement and was dripping just inches away from a light fixture.

Plus then him and kyser no longer have water to drink.

It's usually dued to boredom, craze or and adquired bad habit.

For boredom: a lot of exercise...

For an adquired bad habit: a good training; I think a bit of water sprying on his nose or redirecting his behaviour to something like a chewing bone will be enough.

For craze: a mix of both and a lot of pacience...

Mine also does the same (once every 2 months or something, when she's heated) but I just say her "No" and she stops. A good communication is much more useful than water sprying :D and also the reward: an ice cube for playing and combating against heat.

Good luck!!!

Skye only started digging in her water bowl after her first time in her pool, only did it once tho and has never done it since. When she tried to start digging the garden, I got her to move away from where she wanted to dig and she now gets to dig in her sand pit aswell as her pool lol, apparently shes spoilt. But at least I cant tell her off for digging in them as thats why I got her them :-) now shes happy and always wants her pool and sand pit

America gave us Justin Beiber, We gave them Piers Morgan, Eye for an eye and all that.

Justin Bieber is Canadian. So, I guess you are correct if you consider all of North Americans "Americans". If we are going to be technical, however, Canada is part of the United Kingdom (I believe). So, Justin Bieber is your fault as well.

PS Sorry for derailing your topic.

all I can say is good luck! My Gracie was the biggest pain in the butt with her water dish for the first year, she not only would dig and spill and carry it around, but when trying to "drink nice" she would scoop and throw water out and sometimes at me! she would basically wash her face in it, AND at over a years and half she STILL DOES. We do put the dish outside in nice weather with door open, but she has ruined an area of the wood floor, I tried a bath rug and it would get soaked and still ruin the wood floor and she would pull on it to still tip the water dish. We moved to a heavy ceramic bowl to avoid spilling and carrying it all over the house. Now its placed on the tile by the wood stove and she still manages to drool it all over the place just on the other side of the tile! Its really cute and funny how much she loves the water dish, but its been an issue, and we are constantly saying "ahhhh, Gracie, DRINK NICE!" and she knows, but gets so goofy at times she can't control herself.

A lot of puppies do this, mine just happens to really have life long "thing" for it, so Good Luck! :rolleyes:

Suggest you get a water bowl that is raised off the floor. Ollie is a water bowl digger and does it to cool his paws down. I have a cement mixing pallet outside filled with water and after a walk he loves nothing better than to stand in this and dig. Being solid plastic it is almost indestructible.

When Zoya was first with us, she was small enough to get into the water bin (I WAS using a plastic dish bin because of our lab and how much water she drinks). She "digs" the water too, puts her face in it and "swims" in it. I use a smaller water dish now. She still plays in it but not as much. I don't mind if she swooshes her face around in it but when she digs and overturns it all over the hardwood floors...that is another matter. I try to have water play outside and water drinking inside. It has gotten better.

The new pup I just got last weekend does this! I didn’t realize it was so common. When he drinks he will stick his whole nose under the water, then he will pick up his water bowl and carry it around, spilling all of the water on the floor. Then he will go to Nikko’s water bowl which is raised and put his paws in it and start digging in the water! So annoying!! I tell him to stop and put the water up, but I am afraid I am not giving him enough, but I am not able to just leave the water bowl down or he will get into it. I even bought those splashless, tip-resistant bowls with the curved top, and he has found a way to pick that one up too!

I am just cracking up reading all of these stories about water! Leave it to our beloved huskies to turn something annoying into something so cute and funny! Just another reason why HO forum is awesome.