Someone put a dog in my dog run...

Michelle Melsom

My brother went out to feed his dog to discover that there is a dog in our dog run with his dog. Someone had to have put him in there because its escape proof only a person can get in through the gate which is usually locked but Ive just been leaving the lock hanging. Maybe somebody thought it was one of my dogs? we do have a german shepherd and a husky so maybe they got mixed up ? I don't know. Hes very sweet, not food aggressive, heels well but doesn't seem to know how to sit or lay down, seems to be ok with cats. Ive never seen him before I had to bring my brothers dog inside and leave him outside because hes very humpy and likes to start fights with the boys. Ive posted on the local facebook lost and found pets page and on the local classifieds. He might be a rez dog from behind me, hes pretty skinny tho. I have no choice but to call dog control tomorrow tho because he doesn't get along with my boys and Ares has to go back out in his kennel in the day because hes not good with the cats.

post-5415-13586066204683_thumb.jpg

Yeah I asked my Aunty who lives down the hill behind me if shes seen him before because she's on the rez and she said she hasn't seen a husky x shepherd before. I feel bad having to call dog control but I don't know what else I can do :/ I think the neighbor on my right might have put him in the pen because my brothers GSD is familiar with him and wouldn't bark at him and hes the only person who has access to my yard. Wish he was nicer with Marius and Ares we would keep him for longer :/ Ill call some vets tomorrow then I will call Westbank First Nations dog control :P

OMG he is noisy when hes inside :P He escaped again this morning and a neighbor brought him over apparently she was the one that brought him here in the first place she thought he was our GSD tho I don't know how she didn't notice him already in the pen when she put this one in there

I don't have a vehicle so I don't have the option of taking him to the vet. Last night was a nightmare tho he was barking all night and he would get the other 2 dogs going argh :P WFN dog control picked him up today said he would go to the shelter he thinks if someone doesn't claim him he will find a nice home quickly because he is a sweet dog

I don't have a vehicle so I don't have the option of taking him to the vet. Last night was a nightmare tho he was barking all night and he would get the other 2 dogs going argh :P WFN dog control picked him up today said he would go to the shelter he thinks if someone doesn't claim him he will find a nice home quickly because he is a sweet dog

Yes,hopefully he will find a home soon,as can't imagine someone not wanting him,he was gorgeous.Better for him to be in a shelter than roaming the streets.Wishing him luck!

Someone mentioned on face book that the "pickers" (they travel here for the summer and pick fruit and stuff) will sometimes leave their dogs behind when they go back home :/ Its sad. I know he will find a good home tho hes a really nice dog, definitely needs some training and definitely has husky attitude traits but hes not food aggressive and he heels well and I taught him to sit:D there's a start :P he did like to hump everything every time i told him to lay down he would try and hump me...was odd and he was very noisy in the house when I wouldn't let him wander around and he barked at my cats...so hes not good with cats and other dogs. I also looked him over aside from being really skinny I think he had eat mites...he looks pretty young but he was doing some hardcore panting allll the time maybe he has heartworm? He had some scratches on his tummy too :/ Didn't have a problem with me rolling him onto his back

Aww poor boy, sounds like a rather nice dog that needs some tlc and training. Hopefully he'll land himself in a good home. Must have been odd going to your kennel and seeing a strange dog in there.

Yeah I think some of his barking was because he was confused. He did fight with Ares so I brought him in and he was trying to fight with Marius. Marius doesn't have much for manners either he will be right up in a dogs face even if its growling I don't know how he didn't learn manners hes very well socialized and he was with his mom until he was 9 weeks :/ I still don't understand how the person that brought him there thought it was my brothers GSD but he was in the pen when she put him in there? Oh well I hope he finds his owners or a good home :P Altho he was so skinny so maybe he just needs a new home