James Wellbeloved, Hypo-Allergenic Puppy Kibble - any good???

s200rey

Howdy all,

I'm currently feeding Bowe on James Wellbeloved hypo-allergenic puppy kibble; http://www.wellbeloved.com/products/dog-food

3 times a day, morning, dinner (+small bite mixer) and tea time.

So far it seems like excellent tackle for her, but I'm almost out of it now and was wondering if I should stick to it or change? It seems to boast having all the right things in, so I was just wondering if anybody on here had any knowledge or experience with it? just before I go and buy another big bag for £40 odd quid at the weekend. The family who own the suppliers I use really rate it, and its what there GSD's are brought up on, hence why I purchased it first time round...before that I was considering Wafcol; http://www.wafcol.co.uk/ as a friend of mine who keeps & breeds border collies really rates it.

...so to switch or not to switch?

Any suggestions or advice, MUCH APPRECIATED, as always! :up:

Mark & Bowe.

Personally I wouldn't change unless you really have to because you may find a different food doesn't agree with pups tummy I've personally never fed any of the food you have mentioned, I have my pup on Csj little champ for her morning meal and then raw for the rest of her meals x

Luka was on JWB as a pup but we were struggling with a flakey coat. Otherwise it has great reviews and a great reputation, I believe its one of the best we have available here in the UK. Americans tend to disagree, but they have a much wider range of kibble available to them!

Luka's now on Orijen Large Puppy - he does well on it, his coat is lovely, and he seems healthy all over. He healed quickly from his puncture wound and can push his weight around with the big GSD we have at the park here.

I do believe that one dog food will not suit every dog, they're all different and all thrive on various brands. So if it is working for you, and you're happy with it, stick with it :)

Personally I wouldn't change unless you really have to because you may find a different food doesn't agree with pups tummy I've personally never fed any of the food you have mentioned, I have my pup on Csj little champ for her morning meal and then raw for the rest of her meals x

Thanks, i'll probably just change the flavor this time round then and stick with JWB. Its classed as premium puppy kibble and its expensive stuff, so I dare say it should be okay for my little puppy. Eventually, I'm going to introduce some raw meat for tea time and see how she likes that. At what age do you think best to introduce them to raw meat?...can it be done from the off 10weeks onwards? or do they need to be more mature??

Cheers :)

Thanks, i'll probably just change the flavor this time round then and stick with JWB. Its classed as premium puppy kibble and its expensive stuff, so I dare say it should be okay for my little puppy. Eventually, I'm going to introduce some raw meat for tea time and see how she likes that. At what age do you think best to introduce them to raw meat?...can it be done from the off 10weeks onwards? or do they need to be more mature??

You can start him off on raw from now if you wish! At the begging make sure you monitor him, start with smaller bones such as wings and make sure he is chewing properly! If you want raw to be his main source of nutrition, I would strongly advice you take on bored what more experienced raw feeders have to tell you to ensure you don't do any harm to your pup - if you're feeding raw as a supplement to their kibble diet, then I wouldn't worry too much, thats what I do, Luka sees raw meat as a treat, and as normal food when I run out of kibble :)

Luka was on JWB as a pup but we were struggling with a flakey coat. Otherwise it has great reviews and a great reputation, I believe its one of the best we have available here in the UK. Americans tend to disagree, but they have a much wider range of kibble available to them!

Luka's now on Orijen Large Puppy - he does well on it, his coat is lovely, and he seems healthy all over. He healed quickly from his puncture wound and can push his weight around with the big GSD we have at the park here.

I do believe that one dog food will not suit every dog, they're all different and all thrive on various brands. So if it is working for you, and you're happy with it, stick with it :)

Hi mate, yeah - so far - i've read nothing but good things about it! Bowe scrans it each & every time and she seems very healthy right across the board. I just hadn't heard of it before unlike Pedigree, Royal Canin, Arden Grange, Beta Puppy etc. etc.

Obviously with Bowe only being a 9week old puppy, I'm just concerned that in these early stages in her life she is on the best, or one of the best, puppy kibbles available, and if not would change to a more premium / expensive brand at the drop of a dime. As in today's world i'm a big believer of 'you get what you pay for!' luckily from the reviews i've read on JWB i'm not doing bad by her :)

Any more suggestions or advice welcome though...

Mark & Bowe.

You can start him off on raw from now if you wish! At the begging make sure you monitor him, start with smaller bones such as wings and make sure he is chewing properly! If you want raw to be his main source of nutrition, I would strongly advice you take on bored what more experienced raw feeders have to tell you to ensure you don't do any harm to your pup - if you're feeding raw as a supplement to their kibble diet, then I wouldn't worry too much, thats what I do, Luka sees raw meat as a treat, and as normal food when I run out of kibble :)

Thanks for getting back to me matey!...I'm thinking of doing just as you are, as a supplement to her kibble diet, a bit of a treat compared to the dry kibble stuff. :up:

JWB is ok, just remember that expensive doesn't always mean it's good! :) Others available in the UK which are good are Taste of The Wild, Orijen and Acana. Raw is also a good way to go, just make sure to do the reading up first.

I might stick with it for now, just as above ^^^ I'd like her to get the very best start in life, and a quality food is no doubt where it all starts, so if I can better what she is already on then I will...just because after tonight & tomorrow mornings feed, were out, and will have to go and get some more tomorrow, so I thought i'd see what other people do / use and see if I could possibly better what she's currently on.

The pet suppliers I use stock James Wellbeloved, Arden Grange, Orijen & Wafcol. I'd have to go elsewhere for another type / brand...

Mark & Bowe.

I might stick with it for now, just as above ^^^ I'd like her to get the very best start in life, and a quality food is no doubt where it all starts, so if I can better what she is already on then I will...just because after tonight & tomorrow mornings feed, were out, and will have to go and get some more tomorrow, so I thought i'd see what other people do / use and see if I could possibly better what she's currently on.

The pet suppliers I use stock James Wellbeloved, Arden Grange, Orijen & Wafcol. I'd have to go elsewhere for another type / brand...

Mark & Bowe.

If JWB is doing ok for Bowe then is no rush to change over really :)

Zooplus is a decent site for the other TOTW food, plus lots of other things.

when ever you ready too leyka started on it at 9 weeks and diva started on it at 11weeks so its entirely up to you x

Howdy all,

I'm currently feeding Bowe on James Wellbeloved hypo-allergenic puppy kibble; http://www.wellbeloved.com/products/dog-food

3 times a day, morning, dinner (+small bite mixer) and tea time.

So far it seems like excellent tackle for her, but I'm almost out of it now and was wondering if I should stick to it or change? It seems to boast having all the right things in, so I was just wondering if anybody on here had any knowledge or experience with it? just before I go and buy another big bag for £40 odd quid at the weekend. The family who own the suppliers I use really rate it, and its what there GSD's are brought up on, hence why I purchased it first time round...before that I was considering Wafcol; http://www.wafcol.co.uk/ as a friend of mine who keeps & breeds border collies really rates it.

...so to switch or not to switch?

Any suggestions or advice, MUCH APPRECIATED, as always! :up:

Mark & Bowe.

We always fed our pups on JWB to start with.It's a very good food.We have only ever fed ours on that and Purina Pro Plan.Dry kibble is all they have ever had .They have lovely shiny coats,rarely get upset tummies,and love it,so if something works I don't believe in changing it.Good Luck with whatever you decide.:)

We always fed our pups on JWB to start with.It's a very good food.We have only ever fed ours on that and Purina Pro Plan.Dry kibble is all they have ever had .They have lovely shiny coats,rarely get upset tummies,and love it,so if something works I don't believe in changing it.Good Luck with whatever you decide.:)

Thanks for that BasketCase, I think i'll go tomorrow and get another big bag of JWB, might just change the variety to something else like duck & rice or fish & rice etc.

Cheers! :)

Thanks for that BasketCase, I think i'll go tomorrow and get another big bag of JWB, might just change the variety to something else like duck & rice or fish & rice etc.

Cheers! :)

Remember to treat different flavours of the same brand as a different kibble and ease your pup into it the same way you would if you were changing brands to avoid an upset tummy.