Injured Dog Rescued From Mountain; Owner Who Left It There Wants It Back

aronoiiel

What do you guys think? Should he get his dog back? My feelings on this are pretty simple having made the mistake ONCE of taking my husky baby hiking without foot protection. She now wears booties when we go on extended hikes like that. Personally, I think the length of time he left her there is proof enough he doesn't deserve to get her back. . .

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlines/2012/08/injured-dog-rescued-from-mountain-owner-who-left-it-there-wants-it-back/

The rescuers need to put together a dollar figure on the cost of rescuing this dog and make sure it’s a ton of money. If the person wants the dog back, he’ll have to pay it. I’m betting they won’t.

Sounds like a good approach to me!! But, really, how about we take him back up there and leave him!!

It couldn't have happened to a more deserving gent! I took a look over at 14ers.com and I don't see anything about the dog, knowing climbers / hikers they probably took it so much in stride that it didn't really deserve much comment among themselves. It's probably a case where they did what they needed to do, so what's the big deal!?!

Two things I hope for:

I that the fellow who left her on the mountain does NOT get her back, she deserves a whole lot better than that!

That the judge in this case makes a decision sooner rather than later, she deserves a good loving home - not a stay in a shelter.

I don't think he should get his dog back - what a poor excuse of an owner!

I get it that the police didn't want to send a rescue team out there for a dog, but just as some complete strangers decided she was worth rescuing and went to the trouble of organising a rescue party, so should the owner have done as well.

It wouldn't be fair for him to get his dog back - after all, it's clear that he did not intend to get her back, so it's a bit hypocritical to claim her now. :duh:

I think this sums it up pretty well for the guys that found her: 'Despite being forced to abandon her, we came back for her.' Unlike the owner.