Feeding: are you strict, or naughty?

Mollys_mum

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought I was fairly strict but realised I'm not at all!

Yesterday we went to my parents for a BBQ they gave him 4 sausages, 2 or 3 burgers and 2 chicken breasts! Then got a corn of the cob out of the bin! Needless to say He had no dinner last night:)

he has the occasional bit of ice cream when we have some, he also finishes off my 2year olds dinners waiting patiently until he is finnished and has got out of his chair:)

he loves yogurt which we freeze and frozen kong with either fish paste or sardines in it.

He never has chocolate or anything potentially harmful and we try to offset his meals with his treats so that he doesn't over eat.

He also has raw chicken wings on a weekly basis just because I love him:)

Oh and cheese at training and sausages or chicken cut up small.

He likes a bit of whatever fruit I'm eating but I wait until the end and save him some

Ok he's completely spoilt! Lol

Oh yes, shredded cheese is served with all kibble meals, cause it's so bland and Andy is such a prince he won't eat plain kibble. Sometimes he raises the bar and he gets hard boiled eggs, or even canned dog food. Then he turns his nose up at meals, won't eat except for licking off the extras, we get mean, make him eat it plain or he gets nothing. He's only gone 2 meals not eating, and then is too hungry not to. Jessy has picked up the habit also, but they still get treats in between and water, so nobody is starving and I feel horrible, but who is in control anyway?:confused:

I used to be really really strict with Shadow as he had such a sensitive stomach...... nowadays however he can eat anything and Skye also has a bullet proof stomach it seems! So i have to say im naughty.... they get some left overs if we dont finish our dinner which is quite rare tbh. If im doing bacon for example ill give them a rash each! I give them vegetables every now and then expecially frozen carrot for Skye when she starts teething!

Havnt had a bbq this year but if we did they would probably get raw sausages and burgers!