A winters day in south Africa

Rosemary

Took a short ride to visit my Mom so took some photos out of the moving car, so the pics aren't so good. It is FREEZING here today, you can see the snow on some of the mountains - that is as much as we ever get here :(

Table mountain in the distance - from this angle it looks really flat :)

post-1262-13586066504602_thumb.jpg

Some farmlands in the Swartland

post-1262-13586066532985_thumb.jpg

post-1262-13586066537698_thumb.jpg

These are farmlands in the Stellenbosch area - mostly wine farms, but can't see the vineyards from the road.

post-1262-13586066538921_thumb.jpg

post-1262-13586066539559_thumb.jpg

post-1262-13586066540216_thumb.jpg

post-1262-13586066541382_thumb.jpg

And .. a photo so show you how great our roads are :rofl:

post-1262-13586066542029_thumb.jpg

Such a beautiful place, definitely on my "To Visit" list.

I could even tie it in with my other hobby of SCUBA diving, and go and see the Great Whites whilst I was there.

When you decide to come, let me know, I am sure we could put up with you for a week or two :rofl: Great white no problem :rolleyes: Scuba diving - you can dive some of the wrecks on our coast, but it is best to have a guide or you could become shark bait :) or travel up country to the warmer waters - good scuba diving in Natal.

Took a short ride to visit my Mom so took some photos out of the moving car, so the pics aren't so good. It is FREEZING here today, you can see the snow on some of the mountains - that is as much as we ever get here :(

Table mountain in the distance - from this angle it looks really flat :)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]56326[/ATTACH]

Some farmlands in the Swartland

[ATTACH=CONFIG]56328[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]56329[/ATTACH]

These are farmlands in the Stellenbosch area - mostly wine farms, but can't see the vineyards from the road.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]56330[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]56331[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]56332[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]56333[/ATTACH]

And .. a photo so show you how great our roads are :rofl:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]56334[/ATTACH]

Looks stunning,gorgeous pics.what I would give for a little blue sky ,or even a dry ,dull day would be nice!!.No chance:rolleyes:!!

It doesn't look so cold, it looks sunny :) I'm guessing it's a relative 'freezing'?

Freezing to me is anything below 10C, frost on the grass in the morning, etc :rofl:

Looks lovely if is winter bright and sunny. Here in north of England the summer was suicidal

My husband said not to take pics because the sky is murky - not as blue as it normally is, even in winter :)

Beautiful country, and I'm surprised - either you're not so far south as I'd thought or the winters are milder there than in the corresponding area of the north.

Al, we are at the most southern point of the African continent - winters are mild compared to everywhere else, but when you are not used to the cold, anything under 10C is very cold. Johannesburg, up country has colder winters than we do here in the Western Cape.

I am going to admit here that I never expected to see such beautiful scenery in pictures from Africa. I always think Africa=desert....and giraffes lol.

I must take more photos to show you - we have the most beautiful scenery in the world. To the north of the country we have drier areas, some desert and definitely giraffes, and other game. Even 4 hours drive from us there is a marked change in scenery. Our mountains protect us - I think :)

I must take more photos to show you - we have the most beautiful scenery in the world. To the north of the country we have drier areas, some desert and definitely giraffes, and other game. Even 4 hours drive from us there is a marked change in scenery. Our mountains protect us - I think :)

I would happily look at as many pictures of Africa as you would like to post. Africa is my dream destination (all of the animals).

Ireland would be my #2. I have always wanted to sit in a real pub.