One of the hardest things I've ever had to do....

Sparks

As you know from one of my previous threads I had to find a temporary foster for Yogi as my mum was ill but wanted to go home and yogi shouldn't stay there....

Well this week I found out that 2 members of my family have been trying to rehomed yogi behind my back, they advertised him on Facebook without even telling me, I found out because Molly saw the post :angry:

So with alot of help from alot of people we managed to find a place for yogi to go for a temporary basis until I can find my own place and have him back... Big big thanks to those who helped you know who you are, I can't thank you enough!

Well I guess most of you saw the thread that Molly posted about yogi going to visit, well that was on friday, after a couple of disagreements they got on pretty well actually :) so we stayed there for the night.

Then on Saturday me and molly set off to take yogi to his temporary home, after about a 4 hour drive we arrived, yogi instantly met two males huskies, one bigger than him but both older, i was a little worried as he is not usually a fan of males, but again after a little disagreement or getting to know each other as us husky owners know they got on amazingly well, like they knew eachother forever.... We took them for a walk around the lake, it was awesome

Then the hardest part of my life come, I had to leave him there and head back home, he happily went off with the other 2 huskies like he had no worry in the world, while I on the other hand, and I'm not afraid to say it completely broke down, I know I let him down and it should never have come to this, but I was put into a position where I had no other choice....

I've had updates and he is getting on great with the other 2 huskies and has been on walks and is eating his raw chicken... I know he will be loving it but I can't stop thinking that he should be here :'(

Don't think I will ever be able to forgive my so called family, I will have him back no matter what he is my boy and i know I've let him down but it will never happen again :(

Sent from my GT-I9100

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:grouphug: (the blokey version, obviously!)

I know that Molly couldn't come down to Bedfont Lakes this weekend because she was 'helping you take a dog up north' (or something) but there was no explanation. So very sorry to hear about the situation and we hope that things will work out ok for all of you. You couldn't put Yogi with any members of your extended family (i.e. the forum)?

It feels like I've let him down, it should never have come to this....

I know it's for the best, because they would have rehomed him without telling me and then I would have ended up being arrested or something...

It's just hard with having him so far away from me :(

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

It feels like I've let him down, it should never have come to this....

I know it's for the best, because they would have rehomed him without telling me and then I would have ended up being arrested or something...

It's just hard with having him so far away from me :(

M8. I think I am missing part of the story here, but if it is personal then I will respect that. The other day Molly siad she couldn't come to Bedfont Lakes because she was 'helping you take a dog up north' (or something) then we see this. WTF were these so-called friends thinking? Can you fill the gaps or is it too much at this time?

M8. I think I am missing part of the story here' date=' but if it is personal then I will respect that. The other day Molly siad she couldn't come to Bedfont Lakes because she was 'helping you take a dog up north' (or something) then we see this. WTF were these so-called friends thinking? Can you fill the gaps or is it too much at this time?[/quote']

Can I reply tomorrow? It's quite a long story tbh....

M8. I think I am missing part of the story here' date=' but if it is personal then I will respect that. The other day Molly siad she couldn't come to Bedfont Lakes because she was 'helping you take a dog up north' (or something) then we see this. WTF were these so-called friends thinking? Can you fill the gaps or is it too much at this time?[/quote']

Sparks's mum was ill and had to have an operation on her head to stop an infection which means she is now missing a bit of skull and has to wear a padded hat incase she falls over. She's only just been able to come home but is staying at her mums atm because the family don't want her to go home with Yogi there incase he gets too excited and hurts her or knocks her over which could end VERY badly...

Me and Sparks both know he'd probably be fine but its not worth the risk.

So Sparks was looking for somewhere to move that could take dogs (since the place he lives now he cant take dogs and cant exactly hide a husky...) So he's looking to move somewhere that takes dogs. Unfortunately his family wont wait for him to find a place so kept chasing him up about it saying if he isnt gone by x date they'll call the RSPCA and take him away etc etc (supportive family) So Sparks asked on here if anyone could take him for a bit until he could find a house so Yogi was ok. Wizardora said she'd take him but needed a few weeks to sort her new house/fence out so it was all safe. So that was all sorted, But last week his family suddenly started putting posts on facebook asking if anyone could rehome Yogi (Meaning permanently!) Sparks had to find a place to put Yogi ASAP before his family rehomed him behind his back! Lots of husky people on facebook got together and shared the problem around to ask if anyone could help. A guy from a rescue (wont name it here) said he would take Yogi for as long as needed :)

[MENTION=858]Sparks[/MENTION] hope i've kept up ok lol

Marc, if anything, Yogi would be proud. Your mom has to come first. Once you get things settled and get him back, he will thank you.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

Darn, tears again - Marc, you have not let him down. I know it may seem like it now, because the emotions of leaving him behind are still raw, but you did what you had to do because you love him. It really is as simple as that. You will be together again, so don't beat yourself up about it, we all have family from hell, so understand your frustration in that regard too.

I think it was Molly who posted a great photo of you and Yogi in the car on the way somewhere - keep that close to you.

you've done the right thing for your mum.and you've done the best thing possible for YogiI think you've managed toir find the best solution to an almost impossible situation.You now have the time to sort the housing situation without having to worry about Yogi being sold behind your back and you know you don't have to worry about your mum and yogi.You'll soon have your boy back. and you can take him for supervised visits to see your mum.As you said before she really lights up and enjoys being with yogi.good luck bud :up:

Sparks's mum was ill and had to have an operation on her head to stop an infection which means she is now missing a bit of skull and has to wear a padded hat incase she falls over. She's only just been able to come home but is staying at her mums atm because the family don't want her to go home with Yogi there incase he gets too excited and hurts her or knocks her over which could end VERY badly...

Me and Sparks both know he'd probably be fine but its not worth the risk.

So Sparks was looking for somewhere to move that could take dogs (since the place he lives now he cant take dogs and cant exactly hide a husky...) So he's looking to move somewhere that takes dogs. Unfortunately his family wont wait for him to find a place so kept chasing him up about it saying if he isnt gone by x date they'll call the RSPCA and take him away etc etc (supportive family) So Sparks asked on here if anyone could take him for a bit until he could find a house so Yogi was ok. Wizardora said she'd take him but needed a few weeks to sort her new house/fence out so it was all safe. So that was all sorted, But last week his family suddenly started putting posts on facebook asking if anyone could rehome Yogi (Meaning permanently!) Sparks had to find a place to put Yogi ASAP before his family rehomed him behind his back! Lots of husky people on facebook got together and shared the problem around to ask if anyone could help. A guy from a rescue (wont name it here) said he would take Yogi for as long as needed :)

[MENTION=858]Sparks[/MENTION] hope i've kept up ok lol

Thanks molly :) xxx

Thanks everyone, like I said don't think I can ever forgive them, they saw yogi as just a dog.... For me he is more of a family than they are

It hurt like he'll leaving him behind, but I didn't have a choice there was no way I was going to let him go :(

I need to find somewhere so i can get him back asap :)

I know this is the right thing to do, and will probably do him good, but at the moment it doesn't feel that way :(

Marc no way have you let Yogi down and you will be reunited. I hope in the very near future. Don't beat yourself up over something that is out of your control. Also try not to fall out with your family over what they did, which is I agree totally unacceptable, as it may upset your Mum who from the pictures you posted when you and Molly went to visit her really loves Yogi. Just hang on to the thought that you will be back together hopefully very soon. The trouble with family is you don't get to choose them and your stuck with them.

As you know from one of my previous threads I had to find a temporary foster for Yogi as my mum was ill but wanted to go home and yogi shouldn't stay there....

Well this week I found out that 2 members of my family have been trying to rehomed yogi behind my back, they advertised him on Facebook without even telling me, I found out because Molly saw the post :angry:

So with alot of help from alot of people we managed to find a place for yogi to go for a temporary basis until I can find my own place and have him back... Big big thanks to those who helped you know who you are, I can't thank you enough!

Well I guess most of you saw the thread that Molly posted about yogi going to visit, well that was on friday, after a couple of disagreements they got on pretty well actually :) so we stayed there for the night.

Then on Saturday me and molly set off to take yogi to his temporary home, after about a 4 hour drive we arrived, yogi instantly met two males huskies, one bigger than him but both older, i was a little worried as he is not usually a fan of males, but again after a little disagreement or getting to know each other as us husky owners know they got on amazingly well, like they knew eachother forever.... We took them for a walk around the lake, it was awesome

Then the hardest part of my life come, I had to leave him there and head back home, he happily went off with the other 2 huskies like he had no worry in the world, while I on the other hand, and I'm not afraid to say it completely broke down, I know I let him down and it should never have come to this, but I was put into a position where I had no other choice....

I've had updates and he is getting on great with the other 2 huskies and has been on walks and is eating his raw chicken... I know he will be loving it but I can't stop thinking that he should be here :'(

Don't think I will ever be able to forgive my so called family, I will have him back no matter what he is my boy and i know I've let him down but it will never happen again :(

Sent from my GT-I9100

Oh sparky :,( im crying as i write this. Please dont be hard on yourself. I know who has him will look after him well.

Hugs hun, next week they can be real ones (if molly doesnt mind lol) xxxx

Having been through the same situation (obv different circumstances though) i know exactly how you feel and how hard it is. That doesnt change each time you see him it is always hard to leave but you have to try and remember why your doing it and that is to keep your boy! You will have him back once your all sorted :)

I know how you feel in regards to feeling like you've let him down also i always felt like that aswell but you havn't your doing the best thing you can do for him! And Yogi will always love you no matter what!!

You know when you think of something and you get that lump in your throat, well I get that all the time, I bet he's having a blast and i know he will be looked after, but it really doesn't make it easier...

You know when you think of something and you get that lump in your throat, well I get that all the time, I bet he's having a blast and i know he will be looked after, but it really doesn't make it easier...

You are of course right,it doesn't make it easier for YOU,but try to think of it from his point of view.We don't really know how they think ,what the meaning of time is to them,or how their minds work.Hopefully he IS having a good time,and will be back with you before he knows it.Back where he really belongs!!.Back home!:)