One of the hardest things I've ever had to do....

Sparks

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm so happy for you that you found him a temporary home where you know he'll be loved while your sort out your situation. I had to leave a dog with my mom for a few months and I used to lay around miserable without him and just ache. But after a while I got a different living situation and he was back with me. It all works out and you should be proud of yourself for doing what you needed to do.

No. You haven't let Yogi down at all. You didn't exactly have much choice did you?! He's simply gone off on a holiday for a while. He'll be back sooner or later, having been thoroughly spoilt and well cared for. If you're lucky you might even get a postcard!

If it helps, I'm going to have to leave Suka with my parents for 10 months while I'm away at school, so I 'sorta' know what you are going through.

I know both of you will pull through this...you're made of tougher stuff.

I just want to thank everyone really, its not been easy im not going to lie

but reading your replies really makes me realise that i have actually done the right thing for Yogi, and yes i will get him back :D

it shouldnt have come to this, but i didnt have much of a choice so now i have to work to makes things right again :)

again, thanks everyone!! :D

Just now came across this and want to also say that you've done the right thing and you'll have him back. Waiting is always hard and its even harder when your away from someone you love. To many a dog is just that, a dog, but as you and all us here know they are so much more and you did what's best for Yogi and for your mom at the same time. Life is never easy that's for sure and a lot of times we have to go through some really bad situations and face some really hard losses. At least you know Yogi is in good hands and you will have him back in time. I wish you, your mom and Yogi the best of luck and here's hoping for a happy reunion soon! Hang in there and keep your chin up! We're all here for you and sending the best of wishes in a difficult time.

It's great to see that he's settled in so well, but remember he is a Daddy's boy and you will be getting him back, hopefully very soon. I think the thought of him having a holiday is a lovely thought. You're the one that is effectively in kennels pining for their owner.

I can't say that I understand how you are feeling, because I've never had to be that strong. But I can imagine how your heart is aching. Just set your goals and concentrate on finding another place and getting your mom better. Set attainable goals - don't set yourself up to feel bad about not meeting them.

I know how the photos can both be good to see and how it hurts to see Yogi so settled in. Be thankful that he is and know that his smile will be much bigger when he comes home to you.

You have our full support! You did what you had to do to make Yogi's life safe and to help your mom. Forgive your family, for their truly don't understand the pain they have caused you in trying to get rid of precious Yogi.

Be strong and we're here for you every step of the way.

Hugs Marc - really big hugs!