Advice for a 15 week old pup! Biting....

sukanikita

We have a gorgreous 15 week old Siberian Husky who obeys some commands. However, when she greets us in the morning she bites to play but also quite strongly does so as well, with some agression.

We are hoping this is just a phase. But are seeking some advice on how to control this.

My Girlfriend has previously owned Husky breeds, but has never experienced this agressive domination from them.

you could try yelping as a litter mate would do we did this with our oldest girl diva and it seemed to work for her.

also a firm no or ah-ah could work or you could try ignoring her when she does it and give her no fuss at all x

Thank god its not only me who's got this problem, lol. Bowes a little bugger! I'm hoping its 'just a phase' she's going through :rolleyes: I find yelping helps, and if she continues to 'attack' lol, a sharp NO! and then I put her into isolation for a minute or two and re-introduce her to the situation, this helps also. I've started to use a puppy lead in & around the house and this is helping a lot, she's more calm, and if she wants to 'play' with my hands, then I give her the lead instead or one of her toys, rather than nothing, this is working as well :)

Edited by s200rey

Puppy teeth are the pits!! Lol they need to learn how hard it is that they bite and they are teething at that age too. When Nanook did this we would yelp and turn away from her, now if she's a bit too rough we just say "ow" and then we usually get a lick to say sorry

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

A firm no, and a gentle but firm hand over hand around the snout could help. Another method would be whenever this happens give a firm no and replace your hand with a toy etc. so that your pup learns biting is not okay. One more thing that may work is a firm no and then turn away from them, eventually they will learn that if they bite too hard then play time stops.

we isolate Luka as telling him no makes him think we are playing. haha

that and he is calming down a lot with the nipping now that all of us puppy teeth have fell out. that's the worst stage i think. if you notice she is teething take a wet washcloth, twist it like a rope, and pop it in the freezer for awhile. it feels great on their gums and entertains them. :)