Went to Doctors

Stormy

I went to the doctors about the pain in my head and neck. They think its a trapped nerve from when i pulled my neck so badly that time, they have given me some excersizes to do which should hopefully help and other than that to just take pain killers.

I also went to talk about the implant has anyone got it and did it hurt when it was put in your arm?? Thats the only bit im nervous about lol

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got the implant. It was a bit painful when they put it in but not too bad. They use a needle to insert it and make a small cut then patch you up and send you off. I forget mine is even there now lol. They do numb your arm first tho with the stuff dentist use (novacane?) and I had a bandage for a couple of days and a lovely shiner on my upper arm lol.

Glad the headache stuff is being sorted.

ooh yeah I didnt want that what bothered me is how do they get it out after? :S

I have the coil. no pain, no periods. no fuss. just a yearly service and you also get a manual which alex finds funny lol. He loves that I have a manual and yearly services pmsl:lolman:

Hmm not sure im looking forward to it then! lol

I'd rather have the implant than the coil! Although dont think your allowed the coil till after you've had children? I may be wrong!

i thought anyone could have it?

I'll stick to the injection much easier by the sounds ov it lol

Sent from my ST18i using Forum Runner

Im not allowed you arent advised to be on it longer than 2 years and im definately not allowed to stay on it now ive been on it for 5 years. It softens your bones etc so they dont like you to stay on it to long.

Im not allowed you arent advised to be on it longer than 2 years and im definately not allowed to stay on it now ive been on it for 5 years. It softens your bones etc so they dont like you to stay on it to long.

Weird I've been on it like nearly 6 years n they've never said anything to me bout that :-S

i had the implant and it caused me nothing but trouble :(

i had severe stomach cramps (never had those before and not since i had it removed)

i bled for 4 months straight and really heavy (sorry if its tmi)

and my drs were sods when i wanted mine removed...

i was on the injection like nix and that was perfect for me....

the pill i kept forgetting to take..

you can alaways go to a family planning and see what options they have and what you feel comfortable getting....

different things work for different people x

hope your neck and head gets better x

Weird I've been on it like nearly 6 years n they've never said anything to me bout that :-S

No my old doctors never told me this one did.

Thanks @Kells xx I dont want to go back on the pill as i dont want to have to remember to take it every day. Dont fancy any other things... i have loved the injection but like i said been advised to not be on it i think you can have breaks from it and go back to it but they suggest not to stay on it to long a time. So thats why i thought about the implant and it would work for me, the doctor said that some people have problems on it and some can get bleeding or bleed straight for a while to which he said you can go on a mini pill at the same time at first to stop that. We will have to see im waiting for another doctor to ring me as they will want to explain it more in detail to me before i have it done. :)

I hope my head and neck gets better to i can push in the back of my neck and touch the nerve pretty much it hurts! So trying these excersizes and hopefully it moves itself back!

See now I'm worried as I've been on injection for so long , but how do they remove the implant if you decide you don't want it anymore?

They just take it back out its literally only under the skin and as soon as its out the effects go straight away it isnt like the injection where it takes a year to get out of your system.

Just ask your doctors about the injection if i was you :)

They just take it back out its literally only under the skin and as soon as its out the effects go straight away it isnt like the injection where it takes a year to get out of your system.

Just ask your doctors about the injection if i was you :)

Yeah next time I go for injection I'll ask

I've got the implant. When I had it fitted I told the lady I was scared of needles so she didn't tell me they jab you twice to numb it :( You just lay down with your arm up, they use 2 injections to numb it, then they cut a teeny little hole and jab the implant in, you don't feel a thing. The only painful part is the stingy anaesthetic. I've had a few issues since having it fitted, not least that the implant site was sore for a few days and it kept catching on things because of where it is T_T But it's given me long, weak periods, with only small gaps between each one. It's almost defeating the object of having it fitted, I'm half suspecting it's method of success is preventing you being in a position to get pregnant in the first place :facepalm: But I don't regret getting it. I can't be arsed taking something everyday, and I'm scared of needles so it seemed like the best option for me, especially as mine is more of a 'just in case' thing, seeing as I'm single.

That's what I'd worry bout too I don't have any n tbh don't want them lol , let me know what they say storm I'm interested if it's worth looking into the implant myself now aswell

Yeah i'll let you know when i know :) I'll ask loads of questions!

I was really scared of the possibility to have a continuous period so decided not to go with the implant although they offered it. In all fairness, they did tell me that there's no way to control what it does to you. And since my periods are really quite awful, I just didn't want to take the chance.

The injection I don't want to have because it makes your bones thinner. And also because I don't want to have to go to the doctor's every few months and because again, they couldn't guarantee it'd make me period go away. But I did think it was really annoying that initially the doctor didn't mention anything about the bone issue, I do think they should be the ones informing you, you shouldn't have to find out on wikipedia.

So I ended up on the pill, which I find is not so difficult to remember to take. Okay, I do *forget* to take it sometimes but depending on which one you're taking you can miss more than one and still be perfectly fine - although obviously, I don't want to make a habit of it. I run 3-4 packets at a time and it's really reliable in controlling my periods. That's what works for me...

ooh yeah I didnt want that what bothered me is how do they get it out after? :S

I have the coil. no pain, no periods. no fuss. just a yearly service and you also get a manual which alex finds funny lol. He loves that I have a manual and yearly services pmsl:lolman:

I used to have the coil and I got heavier periods that lasted ages! Mind you this was about 14 years ago so maybe things have changed? Didn't get a manual or a service either. Hmmmm, can I have your doctor ? Think mine must of done it wrong!

I can't have the pill they made me feel so ill after taking them I would constantly feel like I needed to be sick :-S

I was on the pill for years but i dont want to have to take one every day its a pain and also if your ever ill etc your not covered! Or if you have to go onto antibiotics it stops the pill working (this is why i am here lol)