Went to Doctors

Stormy

Hmm the period thing worrys me.... I currently get pretty much none on the injection so to go from that to maybe nearly all the time would be upsetting. I will bring this up when they ring me!

Well there's also a chance that it'll stop your periods altogether, it depends how your body reacts. I've had the implant for a while now and have noticed they've got weaker and weaker and weaker, I'm expecting them to stop completely soon :P

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had a phone call [MENTION=95]BingBlaze'n'Skyla[/MENTION] erm she basically said it really does vary person to person as i dont really get periods at the moment and mine have never been that bad naturally i should only get some slight spotting maybe... but if i do get more after three months of being on the implant they put you onto the mini pill to try and counteract this and sort it out but normally after three months any kind of bleeding stops or calms down. If problems persist you can have the implant removed. She said though also if it doesnt work out and i have really bad side effects etc it can be taken out and side effects etc stop straight away.

Other things she explained was just how it is put in which in the inner arm after they have numbed it with a couple of injections. Can be sore for a few days after being put in.

You have to have it taken out after three years and a new one put in if you want to stay on it. It basically does the same thing as the injection in the way that it works.

thanks for letting me know storm , i think ill mention it to my nurse when i go for my injection again n see what they say , sounds like it would be better , n if im not having periods atm anyway and it takes atleast a year for them to come back after the injection i might be ok lol

thanks for letting me know storm ' date=' i think ill mention it to my nurse when i go for my injection again n see what they say , sounds like it would be better , n if im not having periods atm anyway and it takes atleast a year for them to come back after the injection i might be ok lol[/quote']

Yeah thats what i thought lol! Im now waiting for another doctor to ring me as the one who rang me is going on holiday from now till i move and obviously i want it done before i move! They said its fine to put in whilst im still in the injection time btw so you dont have to wait about etc!