Would You Ever Do It?

Dave

I was okay until he transitioned to the smaller part of the tower; height alone doesn't bother me as long as I think I have something solid to hang onto. I did some work for a while doing repair / construction at an electric company and we were regularly at 600 - 700 feet ( almost half way up HIS tower! ) the part that always bugged me was having to walk a beam at that height - I could if I absolutely had to but I was also real glad to have something to hold onto on the other end! (( got chewed out by a boss one day for sitting on the rail on the top level with no safety belt / harness, shoot, I had my feet hooked over the second rail, *I* wasn't going anywhere! and the view was great, from where we were we could see the Astrodome ))

In other words - at 1700 feet, standing on a widdle bitty platform - no way in hell Charly!!!

Wouldn't make it past the tenth step on the ladder, so no way! Saw a program recently about the cleaners who scale the gherkin in London. They even have to climb over the dome at the top to clean but not as regularly as the rest of the building. Seriously crazy people!