Rawhide...

XMoonshadow

rawhide is usually given as treats and a large rawhide bone/chew should be given possibly twice a week...

they shouldnt really be instead of food and be careful that naboo (great name) doesnt get obsessed with them

try different treats and see if he likes them

how old is naboo??? is he teething??

mine like trotters and they last quite a while

The key to rawhide falls in a couple different things. First of all, consider how it is made. If you google rawhide, you'll be surprised at how it is cured and the different chemicals that are used...If you don't know where it's made, (therefore how it's made) I wouldn't give it.

Second, it is good to know that rawhide, made correctly, will expand in the canines stomach. To illustrate, take a piece and place it in a bowl of warm water. Note how much it expands....then base the amount you're providing on what you've learned.

Just a couple cautions that I've learned over the years.

If you are providing it as something to keep your husky occupied, I'd look into a Kong or natural raw bones instead.

Nyla bone makes a rawhide like bone that says it should last for a very long time, but of course, the warning about different levels of chewing. Well, I gave Jessy an XL one of these, thinking it was the non digestible kind and it was gone at the end of the day. It did turn out to be digestible, but I absolutely could not believe she ate the entire thing in just a day in her crate. She was constipated for days...struggling to poo just a little bit. Poor little bug....we've stopped....any kind of rawhide, but they do get the occasional mint dental chew...Andy just loves mint!

I recently gave my large two pig hide strips that I got from a pet shop in the New Forest. Bo was fine but Ollie, who usually has a cast iron stomach, threw his up as he is not a great one for chewing before swallowing and Becky is right it's amazing how much it had swollen in such a short period of time. Last time Ollie threw up was when he stole my son's 21st birthday cake from Costco!