Where to sleep at night

Tyrone&charlotte

We can not decide wether to sleep our new pup in our bedroom in his crate or in the kitchen. As he will be crate trained would mean we would have to take crate downstairs each morning and back up at night. What would others recommend? Also if he sleeps intially upstairs how easy is it to move the crate downstairs at night? Sorry for all my questions, 8 days to go until we collect him and getting exicted, but also a little nervous.

I had Skye in her crate upstairs in the bedroom at first just to comfort her i would strongly suggest ear plugs and strong will power though! And expect to be tired for a while!!

I then moved it downstairs as Shadow chooses to sleep downstairs anyway (hes not crated at night though but its company for skye) she cried a bit at first but after around 2 weeks she started sleeping through and only gets up around 7 now :)

We placed the crate for Macy in the living room where it still remains. Our new pup's crate is located in a spare bedroom across from ours. It has only been 2 weeks crate training her and she goes in and stays in with the door closed without any barking, howling, or whining. What a relief that is. I just hope it continues this way...

ive always kept the dogs crated downstairs first couple of nights is a night with all the whining but they soon got the message and acepted that thats where they sleep xx

• 2 weeks later...

The onlt time Cj is crated is when we aren't allowed to take her with us (mainly work). At night she sleeps in our room with us. No crate and is perfectly fine. We do close our bedroom doors so she doesn't have free roam of the house but I think they may change here soon. :D

Luka gets crated while i'm at work or have to run an errand but that's it. He sleeps in the bed with us so i'm not really much help. However, he's been moved all over. I originally got him when i was housesitting for someone (horrible timing) so he stayed there with me for a few days then back to my apartment. Then, i moved his crate from my bedroom to the kitchen then to a completely different house and it didn't bother him at all so i wouldn't worry about it.

Theses dogs that's sleep with you then are crated in the day?? That's what I'd like to do but didn't think it would work? So my Lexi sleeps in her caret at night and is in there whist I'm out.... But always feel mean as own other dog (yorkie) sleeps with us.... :/ zx

Mishka is crated during the day along with Tango (for company). I have a big 48" crate, more than big enough ;)

Tango was crated as a pup because he went through a stage of crapping indoors even though he was toilet trained post-3916-13586069568596_thumb.gif. He loved his crate, made him feel secure :)

I occasionally let Mishka sleep on my bed & she's fine, she doesn't like it when I say no, in your bed but she goes in the crate no problem post-3916-13586069569157_thumb.gif

I never crated Deiffen but even he disappears in there sometimes when he wants a bit of 'quiet time' :up:

Theses dogs that's sleep with you then are crated in the day?? That's what I'd like to do but didn't think it would work? So my Lexi sleeps in her caret at night and is in there whist I'm out.... But always feel mean as own other dog (yorkie) sleeps with us.... :/ zx

it works fine for us. i just tell luka "crate" and he goes in there in the mornings. when i get home he gets let out and doesn't go back in till the next day. he may grumble slightly when i tell him to go to his crate but he will.

he knows his crate is where he goes when i leave and our bed is where he sleeps. sometimes when he wants a nap i'll find him laying on the bed snoozing. lol spoiled