How does your husky greet you?

BlueWolf

I'm just wondering as Glala and Dana both do it differently. I don't mind if they greet a bit exited as long as they don't do it with strangers too (and they don't) :)

When Glala greets me she always uses her front paws. She puts them either against me or on my shoulders. And that's all she does actually as she then expected me to scratch her on her belly, lol.

Dana, on the other hand, usually greets me by making herself as small as possible and sometimes rolling on her back. She's usually much more exited though and wants to lick my hands, arms, head all the time :rolleyes:

There's no difference if I'm away for 3 hours or just 5 minutes :lolman:

So how do yours greet you?

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My two get super excited and woo and me and tell me off for leaving them :) My husband on the other hand gets bombarded - they jump up against him and give him kisses - it's chaos. I have tried to get him to stop them from jumping, but it is not something he seems to be able to do. He is just as excited to see them as they are to see him. So .... I live with it, and so do my visitors because the huskies think the visitors are fair game too :rolleyes:

echo bundles around my legs and then fetches a ball so we can play....

daughtry play bows and shouts i want one...then occaisionally she will give a free colonoscopy!!!

darwin woos and runs about

malaki woos and gives kisses

mine arent allowed to jump up...... they are too strong and i dont want them hurting visitors or doing it when i have baby in my arms....

Loki is a lamb he trips about on the fringes tail going ears flattened with his happy face on doing his deep deep woo noise then sits an waits for me to get to him. Safi makes loads of wooing sweeping her head from side to side and play bowing also on the fringes then sits an waits for me to get to her. Togo bounces about making typical Togo noise and pushes his head into your knees for his sides to be rubbed. Peppa is a mouther and jumper She gets so excited she has to lick you which turns to mouthing.

With the other half they're mental. They bounce all over his head as he gets on their level lol

With visitors I tell them to ignore them all. Walk in giving no eye contact keeping hands out of the way and without hesitation. If they listen an do as I say they get a quiet greeting if they engage they get swamped. My mother listens and has never had issues but my elder daughter doesn't then complains :/

I get bombarded too they go crazy like they have not seen me for ages ,the funny thing is i don't leave them this is just when i get up in the morning lol

Lol,Exactly! My 4 can knock me off my feet,so with 8 I should imagine you are never on your feet,permanently horizontal perhaps!:eek:!.You must be well and truly out numbered these days!!:rolleyes:

Lol,Exactly! My 4 can knock me off my feet,so with 8 I should imagine you are never on your feet,permanently horizontal perhaps!:eek:!.You must be well and truly out numbered these days!!:rolleyes:

Ha ha ,yeah i do dread opening the kitchen door some mornings,luckily i have not been on the floor as of yet as i fear i would never get back up lol

Ha ha ,yeah i do dread opening the kitchen door some mornings,luckily i have not been on the floor as of yet as i fear i would never get back up lol

Out of interest,I must ask,( morbid curiosity....how on earth do you cope...:rolleyes:!)do they all sleep in the kitchen?Are they all inside dogs?Ours are all inside overnight and not crated,but we have an integral double garage with loads of room,and sometimes I'm tempted to put them in there overnight.Certainly would be ok in the Summer.Would be nice not to have to face tumbleweed hair balls every morning!And getting knocked sideways as I come down the stairs!!:rolleyes:

Out of interest,I must ask,( morbid curiosity....how on earth do you cope...:rolleyes:!)do they all sleep in the kitchen?Are they all inside dogs?Ours are all inside overnight and not crated,but we have an integral double garage with loads of room,and sometimes I'm tempted to put them in there overnight.Certainly would be ok in the Summer.Would be nice not to have to face tumbleweed hair balls every morning!And getting knocked sideways as I come down the stairs!!:rolleyes:

lol i think the fact im with them all the time helps a lot and we are in a good routine lol,at night 6 are in the kitchen not crated and the 2 boys like to sleep outside,we have split the garden in two with a enclosed area that is fully secure and is roofed lol i think they just like the space without the others ,but yes they are house dogs not all at the same time though, they all have there one on one time and also have free run of the garden :)

Wizard seems to know when Im home, he woo woos at the door til I get in. Which I don't understand cuz I don't have a car and only work across the street. Half the time he jumps up and gives me kisses and the other half he pulls me to the couch so we can cuddle. He never does that with the OH, he gets jealous. Wizard is such a mommas boy.

lol i think the fact im with them all the time helps a lot and we are in a good routine lol,at night 6 are in the kitchen not crated and the 2 boys like to sleep outside,we have split the garden in two with a enclosed area that is fully secure and is roofed lol i think they just like the space without the others ,but yes they are house dogs not all at the same time though, they all have there one on one time and also have free run of the garden :)

You are obviously well organised,and you make it sound like a doddle.Well done! ( secretly in awe of you !!:D)

well each dog is different depending on who.

Me - Angel goes mad, running everywhere, spinning round, slapping the floor with her paws, whining and crying and woooing. (really does give you some idea why we call her Mad cow lol)

Storm comes for kisses and cuddles and will put his paws on me and if im kneeling on the floor knock me to the ground and snog me within an inch of my life.:doglick:< this smiley but much more extreme.

Alex - Angel hears his car coming and goes nuts, wooing barking and just mental. She shouts at him when he comes in telling him off for going to work lol.

Storm just wags furiously and sits for a nice long fuss and belly rub.

You are obviously well organised,and you make it sound like a doddle.Well done! ( secretly in awe of you !!:D)

To be honest it is not as hard as it may sound,was my choice to have so many so only right i am there for them and fulfill there needs,but thank you xx

come to my house for a few days and you might just change your mind lol :)

I very much doubt that lol very occasionally on visiting my cousin I have a fleeting wish for a house and garden as pristine as hers. Then come home and am glad I have a house which is very much lived in. There are 6 permanent adults with another four who come and go for night stays and meals the four dogs two cats and we're now down to one rat as opposed to the 35 we had in the past. And we just accommodated my granddaughter of 15mths for three nights and four days which went really well considering neither she nor the pups are used to dogs and babies :)

The only thing stopping me getting more is the OH lol

Really!,yeah maybe if I had more ground ,bigger place etc.I definitely wouldn't have any more as we are though.How is Safi,btw?Hope ok.x

Shes made some progress. She's taking herself off the couch occasionally in preference to the cooler floor. She's starting to eat some rice and her breathing is normal. She's become very thin. You can feel it rather than see it more so now the ascites has gone down on her belly but her legs are still a little puffy. I'm a lot more hopeful and less despairing this week. Couldn't look at her without getting upset last week she was so very poorly. I'd glance up and she'd be so still I'd think she'd stopped breathing. Without getting ahead of ourselves. I think she may be making another miraculous comeback. No idea how she's managed it. But I really think she may have turned the corner :)

Not tempting fate. Still a month at least before I'll be sure

I very much doubt that lol very occasionally on visiting my cousin I have a fleeting wish for a house and garden as pristine as hers. Then come home and am glad I have a house which is very much lived in. There are 6 permanent adults with another four who come and go for night stays and meals the four dogs two cats and we're now down to one rat as opposed to the 35 we had in the past. And we just accommodated my granddaughter of 15mths for three nights and four days which went really well considering neither she nor the pups are used to dogs and babies :)

lol you sound like my kind of lady ,my other half did not have a choice he knows i'd choose the dogs over him :D

The only thing stopping me getting more is the OH lol[/quote

my boy goes nuts starts running around, then comes and jumps at me, then runs some more, then jumps again. during all of this he is "telling" me about his day. He is so talkative.

I could probably teach him better manners but i'm just as excited as him. ;) i usually squeal his name and he goes crazy. LOL

people prob. would think im crazy if they saw this play out.