Meeka's getting a brother!

Christine0925

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nikko is almost 9 months old and he is a very spoiled boy too! He has a TON of toys that I have in a clear plastic bin in the living room. I leave it open so he can pick what he wants to. When I got Yukon I bought him a couple special toys just for him that I keep in his crate, but I figured he can play with Nikko’s toys. So far the only problem has been with the rawhide sticks. When Nikko had one he would growl if the puppy came up to him to try and take it, so I put those up. They seem to do fine with the other toys, especially the ones that they can play tug of war on, they LOVE to do that!

If Meeka has any toys she really loves I would put those up and give them to her when the puppy is sleeping or out of sight so she doesn’t fight over them.

At first I was worried about how they played. Nikko seemed to be really rough with the new boy, but the pup would keep running back for more. I’m not sure how big Meeka is, but Nikko is a big boy; tall and weighs about 55lbs at just under 9 mos old! And the little one barely weighs 10lbs! You might have to separate them once in a while but they should be fine.

They will definitely tire each other out though! And Nikko seems more happy since I got him!

Thanks to the help of @NicTurtle Meeka will be getting a new baby brother in 4 weeks! I am super excited!! We are putting the deposit down tonight!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]56945[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]56947[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]56946[/ATTACH]

OMG,is he for real!.He is soooo unique!You will have to think of a very special name for such a special little guy!.Will look forward to pics of him as he grows!.Lucky you and Meeka!:)

Luka looks alot like Nikko ;-)

i just looked at picture of Nikko! wow they really do look a lot alike! so weird! lol

maybe i should just go get an all white puppy and we can really match haha

.... i'm trying to be patient but my birthday is coming up in December :hehe:

The little white one is SO cute!! I was going back and forth on what kind to get, I also wanted a red one too, maybe the next one LOL! I had been looking since May to get another one, but I wanted to wait until all of Nikko’s training classes were done before I got another one. Since getting the pup Nikko’s behavior has been great! I thought it would go either way, either he would rebel and be a nightmare, or he would do really well with the pup, and he has exceeded my expectations.

Nikko is almost 9 months old and he is a very spoiled boy too! He has a TON of toys that I have in a clear plastic bin in the living room. I leave it open so he can pick what he wants to. When I got Yukon I bought him a couple special toys just for him that I keep in his crate, but I figured he can play with Nikko’s toys. So far the only problem has been with the rawhide sticks. When Nikko had one he would growl if the puppy came up to him to try and take it, so I put those up. They seem to do fine with the other toys, especially the ones that they can play tug of war on, they LOVE to do that!

If Meeka has any toys she really loves I would put those up and give them to her when the puppy is sleeping or out of sight so she doesn’t fight over them.

At first I was worried about how they played. Nikko seemed to be really rough with the new boy, but the pup would keep running back for more. I’m not sure how big Meeka is, but Nikko is a big boy; tall and weighs about 55lbs at just under 9 mos old! And the little one barely weighs 10lbs! You might have to separate them once in a while but they should be fine.

They will definitely tire each other out though! And Nikko seems more happy since I got him!

How old was Nikko when you got Yukon?