Purebred Husky?

chreiber

Welllll technically a dog isn't purebred unless its registered :P You can say its a siberian husky but you can't say its purebred or some shizzz

I thought that was pedigree not purebred , if it's not a cross breed its a purebreed but if it's not registered it's not a pedigree??

Sent from my ST18i using Forum Runner

I know there's a law in Canada where you are not allowed to advertise or sell a dog as purebred unless it is registered and when its registered it has a pedigree because the records of its ancestry are kept where as if there is no registration there is no pedigree because nobody kept track so you wouldn't know if its purebred..If that makes sense?

The law is probably everywhere else as well I know its upheld by the Kennel Club

I could be wrong but i thought a pedigree is when a family tree of 4 or more generations are listed i.e mother and father their mother and father and their mother and father ........ and a "pure" is if the ancestory can only go back 2 generations....... but like i said i could be wrong.....also i think for both to be true all said generations have to be registered xxxx