What is it with some people?

flyingspanner

Someone on my FB has advertised pups for sale.

Bichon Poodles and are asking £450 each for them.

They're effing Mongrels and worthless, why do these people think that using the Pedigree names for these cross-breeds they can get top money for them?

And don't even start me on the bigger idiots that actually part with the money for them :banghead:

I agree with your point but think calling them worthless is a bit harsh, surely a dogs worth is a lot more than how much money it can get you, even a mongrel has it worth...

I'm sure the OP didn't mean it that way. Meant you shouldn't be breeding mixes in hopes to make money off of them just cause they're a cute mix of two different breeds. I think you'd be hard pressed to find anyone who really hates mixes and thinks they are "worthless." :)

There is someone who seems to have a permanent ad on Preloved for Labrador x Huskies and charges £695 and they have their own website. They charge £750 for a pure bred Husky. All dogs, regardless of whether pedigree or not have their worth, but it is the simple fact that people are breeding cross breeds and trying to charge pedigree prices which is wrong. The Labradoodle was bred in Australia in 1955 to produce allergen free dogs that could be used as guide dogs and they are still not considered a breed. It is the breeders that are making up cross breed names and making out that they are pure bred dogs and resulting in some horrendous breed crosses as per the earlier post of a husky cross corgi.

I'm sure the OP didn't mean it that way. Meant you shouldn't be breeding mixes in hopes to make money off of them just cause they're a cute mix of two different breeds. I think you'd be hard pressed to find anyone who really hates mixes and thinks they are "worthless." :)[/quote

Yeah i didnt think they meant it in a mean way but i just thought i had to get my point across..my bad :)

Simple answer... People are greedy and stupid! They make a name up that sounds fancy and want money... They have little regard for the animals' wellbeing a lot of the time. On one hand I hope the pups are bought so they don't have to be subjected to the same treatment.. on the other, the act of buying them encourages these stupid breeders to do it again to try and make more money!

Sorry, rant over. Just really annoys me!

Sent from my HTC Sensation XL with Beats Audio X315e using Tapatalk 2

I doubt either of the parents have had any health testing. So unfortunate, and then to be selling them at such a high price for a mix. There are so many cross breeds being sold to people for the price of a health tested dog, and then they are given cutesy names and we are told that the PC term is now "Designer Breed".

Thats why my favorite cross is the Bichon/King Charles mix. People are claiming that the mix is genetically healthy, (http://originsiberiansdogs.blogspot.com/2012/03/pure-breeds-mixes-and-designer-breeds.html) when acutally what can happen is a hyper little-ish dog, that is hyper, has a tendency to gain weight, and is almost guaranteed to have heart problems.

Where there's a way to make a fast buck there is someone there to take advantage of it....unfortunately there is so much bad info out there about how these 'hybrid' mixes are healthier, don't shed, more trainable, etc than their KC registered counterparts and the worse part is people believe it and flock to these irresponsible BYBs!