litter problems

Paulrabbit

hi guys am new to forum so not sure if am posting in the right place but any who am looking for some advice

i have 2 huskies eva and skye, skye is evas pup and is 14 months of old and eva is 3 and 1/2

eva has had two litters the first litter being born 14 months ago and the second litter being born in july, the problem is with the second litter

she give birth to 6 healthy pups, that where all doing great up until 5 weeks , they caught some kind of bug which give them the runs and some of them vomit as well, now this bug has been going around them one at a time, and seems to only have affected 4 of them, so i made sure the pups where drinking water and i was keeping a very close eye on them, but one of the pups (female) stopped drinking and water and lost quite a bit of weight and didnt show any signs of improving in 24 hours so i took her to the vet, the vet put her onto a drip for 48 hours and give her anti biotics and done blood tests ( thats how i know its a bug) 48 hours later and pup is doing fine and drinking water and eating chicken now the problem is there is 4 pups that all have lost wait and still have the runs and seem to be put of their food, they are all drinking water and where all seen by the vet a day ago who didnt seem to worried about them, ive been feeding them on puppy wet food as the vet told me to keep them of chicken, but they dont same to be interested in food and all seem very sleepy so i am not to sure what to do other than keep watching them for signs of improvement

any advice would be helpfull

other info

they have been wormed every 2 weeks from birth

they are 6 weeks now and have had the first injections

they are still running around playing but like i said 4 are more sleepy then the other 2

to give you an example of there weight in comparison to the other two

the two un affected pups have a weight of around 4.2kg and the other 4 are around 2.1kg

There are a few people here with breeding and veterinary experience, however I think your best bet is to keep in regular contact with your vet. Keep taking them in, keep getting tests done, and find an appropriate medication to treat them with. Make sure their prospective owners know what's going on too as they may need to keep an eye on them when they take them on, and you may need to keep hold of them for a little longer to make sure they're over their illness. This is one of the woes of breeding I'm afraid :(

Keep them hydrated (ask your vet how to tell if they are becoming dehydrated, if you don't know how to tell), and watch for signs that they are either getting worse or are not improving. Viruses take time to pass, and there is no medicine you can give to "cure" a virus - like with a human cold or flu. You can only treat symptoms.

yesterday morning, they where checked by the vet and i told the vet about there current condition, the problem being i have seen 3 different vets in the past week and they have all said something different or contradicting the other vets

but the vet who saw them most recently and give them there first injections didn't seem to worried by them at all ( and he give them a full body check including there heart, teeth, ear , eyes)

so am abit torn on what to do other the obvious watch there condition, make sure there getting liquids, and looking for signs of improvement, i could be fusing way to much but two of the pups weigh 4 kg and the other four weigh around 2 kg so there is a big difference in weight and in size

Luka was 3.5KG at 8 weeks. So... I guess they're all different :) Do you know if the pups that weight 2KG weighed more and lost weight? If they haven't lost weight, I wouldn't worry. I know puppies sleep a lot, its just what they do, they get tired real easy!

i dont have my own scales( i did but they broke) so watching there weight has been tricky, but the 4 pups havnt improved so i took them up to the vets again and left them in over night they put on a drip to keep them hydrated, they didn't have a temperature, but they did have pale gums, the vet seems to think its some kind of infection so will find out more this morning, hopefully they are doing much better ^^