Is our husky is ruined?

kper

Our daughter's pit woofs at the slightest sound and has been staying with us for almost a year. Now Ahna barks! What the heck?! Door bell rings.... bark. Hears kids in the street... bark. Wants us to play... bark... talk, talk, talk, bark! It's not a lot of barks mind you, just one or maybe two but.... really?

Is she ruined for life? Is there no hope?:(

Daughtry never barks, She will "talk" some times.

Darwin Woos at you then if after a while he doesn't get what he's after will issue a single bark.

Malaki woos and barks in equal amounts. However he barks at echo to get her to go play in the garden.

Echo Barks if someone knocks on the door. Or if someone she doesn't know approaches us in the street and makes some sort of contact.

We had a fairly quiet house aside from Togo the chewbacca an Safi the weewa. People could come and go with barely a ripple. Since getting Peppa things have changed, she's quite nervous for a husky and yips at the slightest thing. This in turn makes everyone else jump up and join the party lol.

On a positive note, at least now if a burglar walks in we'd be alerted. Previously they'd have been able to walk in like any other family member :/

I certainly wasn't being too serious about her being ruined, she's just the first husky in 30 years for us that seems to bark more than she woos. :) It was a weak attempt at humor after a long day of work - evident by my botched thread title!

One thing she does do for us... when she gets on a barking kick, mostly when she's trying to get us to play, I can say, "Shhhhhhh" and she'll quiet down. That's usually when she talks a "why I outta..." at us. :D Gotta love their antics even if it's just the way they communicate with us!

My boys all have different levels of vocalization.

Kuma my husky will do almost everything. He'll whine when he wants out of the kennel. He'll bark sometimes too. And on rare occasions he'll make the woo woo noises.

Koopa my pit bull is mostly quiet. He'll whine sometimes and maybe bark/grunt when playing.

Tenchi my pekingese is the most vocal. He'll whine, bark and grumble haha.

[MENTION=5551]kper[/MENTION]s

Your post made me chuckle. With my first husky, we'd beg him to bark and he'd then loudly "WOOF". Then, I would tell him he was hurting my ears and he should be more quiet. And he'd 'woof' in a whisper. Then, just to get him going, I would tell him I couldn't hear him - and we were back to "WOOF".

It was a fun game for both of us.........silly as it sounds.

Ryn isn't much of a 'woofer' at all, it's rare that she even sings when I come home from work - she'd rather pounce on my and make me fall down so she can kiss me to death! Gosh I love that girl!

Just the opposite here. I think our daughter's pit bull started Ahna down the barking path.

Our first pit bull Bowser use to bark and alert us when someone came to the door so I kinda expected Koopa would do the same but low and behold he's really quiet except for the rare bark or grunt if playing lol. He doesn't bark at all when someone comes round, neither does Kuma. Our noisy little bugger is Tenchi haha. I do wish they would alert us when someone came to the door but what can you do. Even though Tenchi does they others don't follow suit at all :P