Hurricane Isaac (gulf coast members)

ICE & SHADOW

Well it looks like Louisiana is now in the direct path :(, but the other gulf coast states are not out of the clear.

Please make preperations to keep you (family) and your animals safe during this time if you haven't already.

Hopefully this thing doesn't do to much damage, but if you prepare for the worst, and hope for the best, then you should be good to go....

post-6277-13586068859674_thumb.jpg

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Looks like it's predicted to make land fall as a Cat 1, that's not too bad, just a strong breeze (74 - 90 mph winds)

Guess I need to call my brother after the fact, he lives in north central Mississippi.

Of course, all of you who are in the area - and I see rain all the way from Florida around to Mississippi - be careful! It still has something like 36 hours to make up its mind where to go and they've been known to end up on the other side of the Gulf of Mexico in that time!

Aye, [MENTION=165]ice[/MENTION] & Shadow it looks like you're gonna get wet, Take care!!

yeah i know we're supposed to get some rain this week because of it up here in north mississippi. hope everyone down by the coast stays safe!

I know its not a laughin matter, however this did make me laugh.... Its news here if we 'dont' get rain LOL

As of 10:30 local last evening, there were 19 casualties from his hurricane, not a good sign. Slow moving with a high storm surge - just what NOLA needs again! Heavy rain - because it's moving so slowly. Almost all the predictions now predict it making landfall Tuesday evening just west of NOLA ( which means NOLA is going to be on the wet side! ) and everyone from the east coast of Florida around the Gulf to Houston is getting wet - get out the boats, cause this is going to be along wet ride.

To everyone in its path, take care guys, and stay dry!

[MENTION=7406]LittleLuka[/MENTION], you should be getting some now! Well, okay, just checked - you're up by Memphis - it looks like Isaac won't be up there ( if it gets there with any strength at all ) till Wed / Thur. Maybe, if you're lucky he won't have dropped all his water when he gets there.

Still calling for cat 1 at landfall, with pressure continuing to drop slowly ... as I said before, this is going to be a long wet week!!

Isaac is a large tropical cyclone. A dangerous storm surge...heavy rainfall...and strong winds extend well away from the center and are expected to affect a large portion of the northern Gulf Coast. For this reason...it is important not to focus on the exact center location. The threat of heavy rainfall and flooding is also expected to spread inland over the lower Mississippi Valley region during the next few days.

@LittleLuka, you should be getting some now! Well, okay, just checked - you're up by Memphis - it looks like Isaac won't be up there ( if it gets there with any strength at all ) till Wed / Thur. Maybe, if you're lucky he won't have dropped all his water when he gets there.

Still calling for cat 1 at landfall, with pressure continuing to drop slowly ... as I said before, this is going to be a long wet week!!

yeah for some reason we have a severe warning tomorrow. and then it goes down to slight risk for the next couple of days. it's supposed to have high winds and decent rain here tomorrow and then it's supposed to rain allll week/weekend. i don't mind storms, they help me sleep better, only thing i don't like it driving in them. :/

There was an article on NPR yesterday talking about everyone stocking up in preparation for whatever it is that comes on shore. One of the comments was that the major stores already have trucks with stock setting "up north" waiting till it bows through so they can get new stock in place to replace whatever has been sold out or blown away!

Rita, Katrina - no they don't really need another visit from the another hurricane ....

Spoke with a good friend of mine who lives in the NOLA area....she tells me everyone down there is very nervous right now. All the local officials seem to be well prepared this time. I sure hope so...NOLA can't take another hit like Katrina. :(

neither can Mississippi. It was hit very hard during Katrina, the media just didn't make it as public.

Some amazing pics....the power of Mother Nature never ceases to amaze me. Also glad to see that they are rescuing pets along with their owners this time around.

i know! i was very happy about that! it's already started raining here. we have a flood warning for tomorrow so me and Luka will be hanging inside a lot this weekend.