charming, thanks dad

Storm Angel n Auroras Mum

Ive just seen my dad has defriended me on facebook.

Well thats nice of him.

Things havent been great between us for years.

His family kept me from my grandads funeral and he promised they wouldnt do it again.

Yup they did they kept me from my nans funeral too.

he hasnt seen my kids for almost 2 years and he only lives in peterborough so not far.

Oh well. his loss I guess. I havent had a proper dad for years so..........

At least I have my stepdad.

That's a shame about your relationship with your father, but I wouldn't take a facebook event so personally. I don't have my mum, dad, brother or sister on there anymore. I've even blocked one of my nans and one of my granddads. I just look at it as an internet profile rather than a display of how I feel about people, i.e. just because I've deleted and blocked most of my close family doesn't mean I love them any less in real life. I've deleted people before because they talked repeatedly about things I wasn't interested in - maybe he got sick of hearing about the dogs? :P Doesn't necessarily mean this action has reflected directly on his feelings for you.

That's a shame about your relationship with your father' date=' but I wouldn't take a facebook event so personally. I don't have my mum, dad, brother or sister on there anymore. I've even blocked one of my nans and one of my granddads. I just look at it as an internet profile rather than a display of how I feel about people, i.e. just because I've deleted and blocked most of my close family doesn't mean I love them any less in real life. I've deleted people before because they talked repeatedly about things I wasn't interested in - maybe he got sick of hearing about the dogs? :P Doesn't necessarily mean this action has reflected directly on his feelings for you.[/quote']

Well since it was the only contact i had with him. He never calls, never visits and only fb messaged me occasionally.

i understand completely. i just consider myself lucky to have such an awesome step-dad! doesn't have to be blood related to be a good dad! :)

don't stress it, some people just suck.

Yeah. Mines raised me since i was 15.