made 2 feel guilty

BingBlaze n Skyla

I've ordered skyla a new flexi lead its 10m instead ov 8m and have planned 2 sell the old one to help pay towards it , but now mums made me feel guilty saying I waste my money n buy crap now I feel like I should just cancel the order :-(

I dunno what to do I know she would love the extra length ov the lead but now I dunno wether to keep the order n get the lead or cancel it n just keep the old one

Parents can be so annoying sometimes

Sent from my ST18i using Forum Runner

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ffs! You are trying to cover most of the cost of the new lead by selling the old one (depending on the cost of the new one vs how much you can get for the old one, obviously!) If this is your money and you pay whatever mum requires (contribution towards rent / bills / food etc, whatever arrangement you guys have) then what is left over is YOURS surely?

Ffs! You are trying to cover most of the cost of the new lead by selling the old one (depending on the cost of the new one vs how much you can get for the old one' date=' obviously!) If this is your money and you pay whatever mum requires (contribution towards rent / bills / food etc, whatever arrangement you guys have) then what is left over is YOURS surely?[/quote']

I'm getting half towards the new one from the old one , I pay my own car insurance petrol etc , I pay board to my dad every month n buy most my own food too n pay my own phone bill etc , I only really use food they buy such as chips , cheese , ketchup bread etc but by my own pasta , pizzas etc n I drive my mum to the shops etc n take little brother chippy mcds etc if they wanna go , mum occasionally will give me some money towards petrol costs but I pretty much do it without payment ,, thanks guys I actually feel better now , skyla will be happier with more exploring room and it's my money so why shouldn't I 'waste it on crap' if I want 2

Eta- realised I've said etc a lot lol sorry ,, I'll also probably end up taking dad back and forth to hosp once mum has her op not that I mind that but after Tuesday dad will probably be using my car as his own whilst his is out ov action for work n I'll only have it 2days a week but will still be paying for it

Edited by BingBlaze'n'Skyla

you work for your money so as long as your mum gets her rent then up to you what you spend it on. could it poss be your mum who's feeling guilty cos she doasn't get for blaze ? who is her dog

I don't know maybe but she usually spoils him rotten anyway , if he needs a new lead or something she will usually pay for it or I'll just treat him anyway I dunno :-S

ya know Nix, you are the same age as my son, who lives on his own and works full time, and probably makes more than I do...when he told me he bought a motorcycle I asked if he could afford it, and he said yes, and then i said, well, please be very careful! If you are paying your way, then there's not much to say. The only thing better for you would be to move out of your mom's home so you don't have to answer to her. And here's my mom input, nobody makes you feel guilty but yourself!

While I agree with all the other comments made.

Let me try to put it from your mums perspective.

She knows the cupboard full and drawers full of harnesses, collars and leads in all the different colours that you already have for all the dogs.

and wonders. . . .

Why the hell do you need yet ANOTHER one. ?????

Get the lead as it's your money and as long as you're paying your way then no-one has a right to say how you spend your money. If your Mum has just had an op maybe she's just feeling grouchy because she cant do the things she wants to do.

She's not had her op yet but she's due it but yeah she could be feeling off because ov all ov that n the fact dad's car is bust up atm

While I agree with all the other comments made.

Let me try to put it from your mums perspective.

She knows the cupboard full and drawers full of harnesses, collars and leads in all the different colours that you already have for all the dogs.

and wonders. . . .

Why the hell do you need yet ANOTHER one. ?????

Lol true but we don't have that much stuff anymore cuz I cleared the dog cupboard out lol

I'm not disrespecting her at all my mum is like my best friend we've both always said how good it would be if the flexis were longer cuz she enjoys her walks much more on a flexi then she does a normal fixed lead , I think she's just stressed bout her op soon n my brothers got an op in a couple ov weeks aswell (his is nothing major but he's the angel child) n I always lend/give her and my brothers money if they need it and drive them places which in the long run probably costs more then her lead will not that I'm complaining about that even tho it sounds like I am I knew when I was learning to drive that I'd end up being a taxi service etc lol dad told me often enough I just think if I've got that money spare n can still afford anything else I need to for the month then why should I be made to feel guilty about it

No probs I wanted the petrol blue one but that ones £50 :-o lol

Seen a petrol blue 10m one for "£36.99 but it's on a site called mammoth pets and I'm not sure about them as i've never heard of them! Been on amazon and found this http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B007HKDU9E/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_sr_2?pf_rd_p=103612307&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B007HKFU0G&pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_r=0AGTCSYYTN0K5MRHFX9P

very cheap but why? And what's the nobby bit all about?!

edit: here's the link for mammoth pets blue one. Reckon it's a bit shady?

http://www.mammothpets.co.uk/search?utf8=%E2%9C%93&query=giant+flexi+professional

Edited by emma1979